Looking for serious, committed friends with 100+ lbs to lose

Options
124»

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    anybody is welcome to add me for support i still have 78lbs to lose and i will support anyone who isn't doing less than 1100 calories a day
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me- I do eat out some- but applebees is my favorite the under 500 calorie meals are so yummy- I am a newbie cook- love veggies- but do eat some processed items- no MCD for me in awhile and then it was a salad

Ps- I only do open Diary friends

Hi there, I don't know how often you use the Applebee's under 500 calorie meals but I just read something kind of interesting. I read in one of those eat this not that books that their under 500 calorie menu contains crazy amounts of sodium. I believe it said 1 meal has more than you're entire daily amount of sodium needed. Not trying to discourage you from the menu, just mentioned this because I just read it yesterday.
  • chickiegetsfit
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. 100lbs to go here as well! And I rarely eat out. :)
  • Pollyanna5879
    Pollyanna5879 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat trying to lose 100 pounds, it has been really slow, but i am so proud of myself, I have not gained any weight since the first of May when I started this new program. It has not been the 2-5 pounds every week because I don't have a strong will and staying on program is not so easy for me. I have weeks where I will lose 3 pounds then won't lose the next week, then lose a pound or two the next week. So I will keep going. I have lost a total of 12 pounds and on my way to a goal of weighing 150 pounds.
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I love getting new friends and encouragement. I have 75 lbs still to lose. I too am guilty of the occasional fast food but try to stay away from it as much as possible. I am trying to make this a lifestyle change and not just a diet so I do allow myself some food in moderations. My diaries are open.
  • LatinLunatic
    Options
    I was in the same boat and still have about 80 to lose
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options

Please don't add me if you eat 3000 calories a day and have a 100 lbs to lose. I don't want to see "McDonald's" anything in your diaries!!

Thanks!!

Interesting so you want perfect friends?? Consistency not perfection is just one of the keys to weight loss. Hope you find friends that never eat McDonald's and have over 100 pounds to lose. Welcome to MFP! MFP does work if you work it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you That you can do it!! If I can do it, you can too! Just don't give up...don't stop fighting until the weight is gone!! You will feel so good. I wish I would have done it when I was younger!!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Add me if you like, loving this community and the support!
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Man and I only got 70 lbs more to go but already lost 115 lbs lol.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    I got 100+ to go, feel free to add me as well! I do partake in the mcd's from time to time, the two 300 cal breakfast items they have, but that is rare. when i first started i had a big breakfast before i knew that is a caloric nightmare!
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want too. I have a target of 112lbs to lose and i've lost 14lbs so far. My diary is always open and I log everything. I believe this journey is difficult as it is without the motivation of others which is why I love this site as there is always so many people there to help push you to your goals and you can help them back. :smile:
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your goal of 135 pounds. It's a journey worth fighting for. I remember at the begining of mine. I never thought I would make it this for I have about 30-40 pounds left to reach my goal and I'm so excited to finally get there.

but if you check out my diary you will see mcdonalds! :) I eat their grilled chicken ceasar salad, and sometimes a burger with no bun and a side salad.

BUT feel free to add me. I love to support all my buddies on MFP!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I started I had about 85 pounds to lose and as of right now I have about 60 pounds. My journey has been a long slow procress but I know its permanent. I concentrate on eating whole nutrious foods and increasing my activity. I agree I don't need advice as much as I need cheerleaders! Feel free to add me.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. ... Be warned though, you will see McDonalds (or other fast food) from time to time in my diary. I don't believe in completely cutting out everything, because that's not a practical long-term solution for me. However, if you're more than welcome to not add me because of it.

Good luck on your weight loss, and I wish you success.

Same for me, and I've been at this since 2004, but more recently have been "on" since April 2010 (and most of my weight loss is from that period of time to now). I've got at least another 80 to lose before reevaluating and finding what I think a good "goal" weight should be. Also note that I average around 2500 calories a day as I've been on a 6-month plateau and am trying to get my body restarted on the losing bandwagon (still, my body has shrunk in that time even if the scale doesn't show the progress).
  • lovebunchy333
    Options
    Hello, I am feeling the same way you are. I have been trying to find others who have similar weight goals so that we can support one another. My goal is 104 loss and I have lost 8 since a join a week and a half ago. I have been working hard on my eating and exercising pretty much everyday. You will also find the occassional fast food on my diary (including MacDonalds) but not very often and when I do, I am choosing smaller things and not the large meals that I use to eat. So I would love for us to be friends and support one another through this process. Please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I should loose 100 pounds, but currently set a goal of 50 and then go from there. I haven't hit 'fast food' yet but I know there will be the occasional..
    Looking for friends to loose with!
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Similar boats! Add me. :)
  • tdbear49
    tdbear49 Posts: 2
    Options
    I to am new to MFP...joined 2 days ago. I have 70 #'s to loose also. I have tried it all & did best with WW's but programs are just too expensive for me now. I live in Georgia and I am retired...so plenty of time to cook & exercise....I just need motivation. Sweets are my weakness, I seem to be able to control the rest...never been much of a chip/dip person. Thanks!:wink: