I'm so happy with my weigh in!!

AshlySouthard
AshlySouthard Posts: 62
edited September 20 in Success Stories
So, I jumped on the scales first thing this morning and I'm at 180.0! That's a 7lb loss in ten days! The weight loss in the very beginning is such a great motivation to keep going. My ultimate goal is to be 135lbs by August 7, 2010. ((That's the day of my sister's wedding and I'm the Matron of Honor!)) I'm confident that I'll meet my goal before then, but I'm so happy with my results thus far!

Replies

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Congrats! I had a mini weight loss success myself this morning, but I'm still NOT quite at what I wanted to start celebrating yet. Haha. It's great how much you can lose in that first week... and surprising, especially if all week you beat yourself up that you see no change. That week can feel like a LONG time!
  • That's great. Good for you. Keep up the great work.
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Yeah!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    What a great start! :happy:

I started at a simular weight. I was 189. I am now 171.5 and going strong! I started August 1st. :wink:

You can do this this! Congratulations on 7 pounds!! Wow! :happy:

Susan:flowerforyou:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Way to go!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS:smile::heart:
  • Nanpoodle
    Nanpoodle Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats Ashley! That is awesome. Keep in mind that when you go through plateaus, don't give in because then, sometimes all of sudden weight seems to fall off again if you persevere. I can speak from experience. Keep your goal in mind too, that helps.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    that's awesome! i started turbo jam last tuesday [so im doing tuesday weigh ins] n lost 4 pounds! 7 is wicked good though!
  • Awesome!! I have about 10 more lbs than you to lose but I totally get what you mean about seeing the number go down keeping you motivated...

The one thing I have learned is to weigh at the same time everyday (my weight fluctuates too much during the day...so its first thing in the morning after I pee...lol...) and also your weight changes a bit when you're being visited by your monthly friend...all that water retention and bloating does NO good on a scale...lol...

Good luck on your journey!
  • Awesome!! I have about 10 more lbs than you to lose but I totally get what you mean about seeing the number go down keeping you motivated...

The one thing I have learned is to weigh at the same time everyday (my weight fluctuates too much during the day...so its first thing in the morning after I pee...lol...) and also your weight changes a bit when you're being visited by your monthly friend...all that water retention and bloating does NO good on a scale...lol...

Good luck on your journey!

I'm always pretty anxious to weigh in daily, so I do it every morning around 6AM (after I pee of course)
    Plus, I'm just starting back on birth control after years of being off (which I'll be started next week sometime) I'll only have 4 periods year... Do you know if you still retain a lot of water during that time even if you aren't actually menstruating?
  • I'll only have 4 periods year... Do you know if you still retain a lot of water during that time even if you aren't actually menstruating?

I'm doing the same thing....and yes, you can still get all the silly pms symptoms even on the months when you skip your period--retaining water, mood swings, and even sometimes cramping and breakthrough bleeding. BUT....it still beats the real deal. I'm sure it is different for everyone, but a few of my friends have reported the same.

I don't mind the weigh-ins around that TOM because it just means I'll be even lighter the following week:) haha

drink a lot of water and stay away from sodium:)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Excellent! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!