Help.. just any help at all.

Options
Dear everyone, I have Prom in 3 weeks, just to throw that out there, I bought my dress to fit me at a size I wanted to be in the future and it does fit, and I love it :smile: BUT I was just invited to a second prom by a new-ish boyfriend, and realized I have a tight fitting gown perfect for the occasion. The issue is that the dress fit very well maybe 6-8 lbs less then I am currently. ALL IN ALL, right now I need some motivation, and advice,advice pertaining to not retaining water and whatnot, just appearing slimmer, a short term fix for the night, in the middle of a long time journey, but also motivation to kick butt, but not swelling up right before the date (june 28th)

Thank you.. everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Avoid carbonated beverages, white bread, white sugar and extra salt (you need some salt, just don't go over) and fried foods, especially in the last few days before the event. All of these can make you either bloated or put on weight in your mid section. Eat lots of good protein (lean meat, chicken, fish, eggs), veggies, whole grains, nuts, fruit, low-fat dairy (if you're not intolerant), and drink lots of water. Definitely don't eat any of the bad foods I mentioned on the day of prom or you will look and feel more bloated.

Also, increase your workouts over the next couple of weeks. Don't go crazy, but just slightly up the intensity and be consistent in the frequency. Normally I don't tell people to do things for a "quick fix", but it's PROM - I think we can make an exception!! :happy: Hope you have a great time at both of them!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat well, exercise in moderation and buy undies that hold everything in - that's what the A-listers do!

PS. Well done for fitting into that dress, I hope you enjoy both proms
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Uh...I guess it would really depend on your eating habits. Are you already on a low-calorie diet? If not you could go down to 1200-1300 a day for those two weeks. When I am trying hard to be really good, I make myself have a glass of water before I will eat any snack or meal. It helps me not to have such large portions.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Go into a calorie deficit of 400-500 calories a day for the first week, with no real focus on macro composition. Then for last two weeks go to a high healthy fat ( egg yolks, natural peanut butter, feta cheese, olive oil) and high protein diet with a slightly higher calorie intake, after one week, use one day to take back in carbs, then go back to high fat and protein and low carb and then enjoy you're prom :D !!

Drink lots of water. LOTS. Half your weight in oz + 30oz upwards.

Good Luck :D
  • hegiahazman
    hegiahazman Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This may sound funny, but for that one night use a very good girdle. And have fun!
  • teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOW CARBS - no bread, pasta, etc. Still do fruit and natural carbs. Limit processed foods. Water. Lift weights between now and then. Don't go below 1200 calories or your body will store fat. Limit really salty food. I also agree with a previous posted regarding undies that pull everything in.
    Go to a store with your dress and try it on w/o any spanx (or whatever brand you are looking at) and then try it on WITH it. You will see a very noticeable difference. Talk to a sales associate for reccomendations - you need something that will move with you all night as you dance. I once got just a tank and it rolled up all the time.
    Long earrings are supposed to make your face look elongated and slim. That's all I can think of right now. Can't wait to see pics.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    get a pair of that underwear that sucks you in.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Spanx! :D (or a generic brand of them). If the dress fits, but you just don't like the look of it. They are a god send! I would try some out and see if they work for you. :)<3

Best part is, if they work for you, you don't have to go all crazy with cutting/tricks. You just slip those undergarments on and BAM done. Win!