Pull-ups and different grips

Options
jppd47
jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
I do 3 sets of weighted pull ups after each strong lifts day. I have been doing 1 set of pronated grip, 1 of supinated, and 1 of hammer.

Should I stick with one grip for a certain time and then switch to the other, say every week or so? . Or am I getting a good workout switching for the different sets?

Replies

• rolley89
    rolley89 Posts: 13
    Options
    I do 3 sets of weighted pull ups after each strong lifts day. I have been doing 1 set of pronated grip, 1 of supinated, and 1 of hammer.

Should I stick with one grip for a certain time and then switch to the other, say every week or so? . Or am I getting a good workout switching for the different sets?

I personally think you are getting a good workout. The biggest thing is to challenge your body. I would suggest maybe not using weight and going higher reps to further your work out routine. Or use more weight than usual and decease reps. Keep the body guessing. I work out with my friend and anytime I come close to the work out getting easy he makes sure to change it. I am a big believer of the P-90 logic. Good luck in your work outs stay hungry!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I use a wide grip for my lats.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

In my opinion, choose one grip and progress with that grip for all 3 sets. Put some form of progression in, so that you are hopefully gaining reps or weight over time.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I am adding progression. Added the weight, 22lb. I want to get to 3 sets of 8-10, then going to add weight. Right now I'm at 3x5. I can knock out 10 on the first, but then in dead for the next

Doing the same with Dips I'm at 3 sets of 8 with the 22lb. Im going to up the weight next time

Maybe each week ill focus on one grip
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me. If you want, do all three sets the same way and then switch week to week. But the way you do them is perfectly fine. If you want to have a greater effect on your biceps then do more sets close grip underhanded. But to each his own. You're doing fine and it sounds like you're improving. Great job.