does standing burn calories?

Options
mbeva
mbeva Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone, please don't laugh, I'm still new here. My job involves going out in the field, standing all day walking around and picking stuff (physical work). Now does that burn calories if yes where can I find info that tells me how many calories I'd have burned. Once again, I do weight lifting like 4 times a week (been doing that for like a month now). The problem is when I log on my weightlifting exercise MFP doesnt tell me how many calories I'd have burned. Your help is appreciated

Replies

• LatinLunatic
    Options
    yes, way more than sitting. In fact, since I learned that myself, I requested that my work area in my office be setup so I can stand all day. My office now has no chairs for me to sit on (i have some for other if they want) and my laptop, monitor, and mouse are on articulating arms so I can move them up, down, and side to side as I please when I decide to move in my office.
  • lifeisgoodgirlmt
    Options
    Yes, you are required to use postural muscles and keep your bones loaded at all times during standing. Sitting burns about 1.5 cals/min, while standing burns about 4cals/minute.
  • Mamarrycos
    Mamarrycos Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yes