Gastric Sleeve or other WLS People

Options
I just wanted to know if there was anyone else on here that has had WLS and understands my struggles! LOL I feel like people look at my diary and weight loss and think I am starving myself, but in reality, I am eating as much as my tummy will hold! My dr told me to stay between 600-800 calories a day for the first year. I started out at 305, had my surgery on 3/22 and am currently at 252. I feel good most days, but I can surely tell when I am not getting enough of something.

Replies

• lmds99
    lmds99 Posts: 3
    Options
    Lap Band in August! Started at 307, now at 194. I am eating to try and reach about 1200 calories a day which is what they taught us. Supposed to get 50-60 grams of protein a day which I normally do not have a problem with. I also eat no more than a cup of food at each meal.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    There are groups for people who have had WLS. Do a search of the groups and you'll find us. I had the LapBand two years ago. I've lost about 60 pounds and am still working on it. :)
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve last Jan and i too try to stay below 1000 a day. Went from 263 and am currently at 197, DON"T force yourself. Your eyes will eventually match your stomach(pouch), I still struggle with this sometines. But Hey Im getting in my protein, strugling with fiber and keeping the carbs in check...I take my supplements and keep an eye on the prize!
    Keep doing what your Dr tells you and you will be fine.
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery in 2008. It gets easier, I promise. Hang in there!!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissLunaChic
    MissLunaChic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done on April 12th this year and so far lost 25 lbs, although I find myself at a stall and have been playing with 224 lbs for over a week and a half now. Can't wait to start losing again, but I'm just keeping to my diet plan and pushing forward. :)

Feel free to add me - i love sharing and learning new ways to eat right for my sleeve. :)
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 Lbs the first weeek after surgury and then was at a platau for three weeks!!! My body FRREAKED OUT!! due to lack of food. But it does start to drop after that and fairly regularly..
  • chennes
    chennes Posts: 7
    Options
    I had LapBand sept of 2011 and i started out March of 2011 291lbs and im now at 183lbs about and im trying ever day to stay around 800-900 calories a day and 60-90 grams of protien and 72oz or more of water and alot of working out.
  • LJSlocum
    LJSlocum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a lap band and I'm so excited that their are others in this group that I can relate to. I just started fitness pal yesterday and have so much to learn. I don't know how to get in the 1200 calories in each day with the lap band. I am excited to be back on this journey.
  • Kaiwa
    Kaiwa Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there everyone. I just had my vertical sleeve done last week. I am still on liquid proteins and am looking for support from fellow WLS people. I am excited about the new journey but am having a hard time wrapping my head around letting go of food as a source of entertainment and comfort. Its almost like losing an old friend...sounds silly as I type this but its true. Just wanted to check in and say hi. Looking forward to sharing experiences and advice on this new journey.
  • BigBellyDavee
    Options
    Kaiwa,

I am new to this site. I am in the process of getting the sleeve. I have a couple of months to go before surgery(insurance stuff)ng after getting the sleeve? I know what you mean about food being intertainment and a friend! LOL! Let me know how you are doing!

BigBellyDavee
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve surgery in January 2012.

The reason you are mentioning is part of the reason why I don't have my diary available for others to see. I know that some people really "jump" on people for eating under 1200 cals. I have mine set at 1000 and am normally no where near it. I don't want to have to defend myself all of the time so I just keep it private. At some point I might decide to open it but not right now.