New Girl Alert!!!

Options
Good morning,

Today is not my first day on my diet but it is my first real day logging my food on here and after lurking around the message boards for a week or so have finally plucked up the courage to post!!

I have a fair bit to loose (at least 50 pounds to start) and have a goal of a year to do it.

My youngest is months so I am struggling finding time to exercise but really need to fit it into my day.

Wish me luck!!! :D xxx

Replies

• MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Good morning New Girl :-) I'm Meli & new to this site as well. Good Luck!
  • expandingdangerously
    Options
    I'm new too.... wishing us all good luck! x
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!!

How are you planning to loose the weight?

I am sticking to about 1600 cals a day and trying to fit exercise in when I can. I have started to park further away from my sons school and walking in. We do it in time trials so he also gets a good 10 minute walk once or twice a day.

I was thinking about doing that couch to 5k but not sure if it can be done at the same time as puching a pram!! lol

Feel free to add me for support! :) xx
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Today is not my first day on my diet but it is my first real day logging my food on here and after lurking around the message boards for a week or so have finally plucked up the courage to post!!

I have a fair bit to loose (at least 50 pounds to start) and have a goal of a year to do it.

My youngest is months so I am struggling finding time to exercise but really need to fit it into my day.

Wish me luck!!! :D xxx

Well as someone who has lost 30lbs using MFP:

Don't think of this as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change as you are changing your lifestyle to become an even better, healthier version of yourself.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I've been on here for a little over 2 weeks now and really like this site. Everyone that I have met is so supportive. It's also encouraging to see other's successes, give's a lot of inspiration. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. Anyone can add me, I'm on here daily.
  • slimintraining
    Options
    Lilacdreamer, you are so right, and this really is a lifestyle change. How long did it take you to loose the 30lb. I'm not in any real rush but would like to start seeing something off the scales soon. Have only managed 8lbs in 8 weeks........actually thats ok, I'll take that!! lol
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Lilacdreamer, you are so right, and this really is a lifestyle change. How long did it take you to loose the 30lb. I'm not in any real rush but would like to start seeing something off the scales soon. Have only managed 8lbs in 8 weeks........actually thats ok, I'll take that!! lol

I've been here since the end of January, but the end of april and all of may was one giant plateau. So I sat back and took a look at what I was doing, and figured out how to adjust it to try and give my system the shakeup that it needed. It took a few weeks of change, but I started losing again on may 26th.

I'm not sure if my plateau is completely over with, but I have lost in the past 2 weeks which isn't bad considering I was stagnant for awhile. When your body gets used to your habits it tries to hold on to every last little pound.

Congrats on the 8lbs :)
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm exercising over 60 minutes 6 days a week. My caloric goal is 1400, with 80g -100g of protein.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi New Girl, First let me explain that I am 76! I run 3 to 5 miles about 5 to 6 times a week. I like all kinds of music and am young thinking. So I am not your normal 76 yr old. I am about 6' tall ,about 6 weeks ago I weighed 230 lbs. When I would meet people at Church and tell them my age they don't believe me they think I am 60. About 6v weeks ago I discovered I didn't want to be 230 anymore. I knew I didn't overeat, I just ate too much of what I shouldn't I have no will power when it comes to sweets. So I realized I cannot have them in the house. I started then to keep track of everything I eat and to increase my running. So I went from running 2 1/2 to 3 miles to 3 to 5 miles . I don't think you can think of vthis as a diet, you have to think of it as a life changing thing. I weighed in at the YMCA this past Monday at 214, so I lost 16 lbs in aboutv 6 weeks. My goal was to get to 200, now my goal is to get to 189. But you have to want you new body more than you want that food you shouldn't eat. and it isn't easy until you start and don't cheat.

Basil
  • Anglcndle
    Anglcndle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here for a little over a month now. I love it! Great message boards for advice and getting questions answered. I've lost 23lbs already by watching what I eat and being more active. The best advice I can give that has worked for me is when I'm craving something I use this app on my phone to look the food up. Once I see the nutritional content, I try to decide if it's something I need or not. When you realize how a lot of the foods you crave don't actually have any great nutritional value besides loads of calories, fat and carbs, it makes it easier to not want it and make a better food choice! (I find that for myself anyways) Good luck to you! Feel free to add me for support!
  • slimintraining
    Options
    I plan on walking as much as possible, and you are all so right not to view this as a diet but a change in lifestyle!

Thanks for all the messages, I really appreciate it. :)