Really need someone to talk to

Options
I'll probably regret getting so emotional on here later. I'm just so upset right now. It'll probably sound ridiculous, but i have no friends. Real life, I have no friends. It hurts so bad. It might just me being depressed or something, but it's like a vicious cycle. I don't feel close enough to anyone. I need help and i really need a close friend on here because I can't take this loneliness anymore :/ ... someone talk to me please?

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It may sound counterintuitive but go volunteer. By helping others, you can help yourself. You'll make friends and it will help alleviate some depression symptoms. I looked at your profile and it may help to redirect your focus from food onto something more positive. Talk to yourself the way you would talk to someone else. You can make positive changes in your life.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I've been through the same thing. Feel free to message me.
  • mobleydeena
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are feeling all alone. I'm pretty sure we all go though times like this, and if you like I would love to be there for you. You can always talk to be about anything. Just message me. :drinker:
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been there and completely understand but when I use to feel like that I would eat myself into a deeper depression. I'll be glad to talk to you if you want.
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    Been there felt that way.. I'm here if you want to chat feel free to pm me... it will get better. :) ( YOUR NEVER ALONE ON MFP)
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way a lot lately. I have people who I talk to, I just feel like I don't have many "friends". I used to have a ton. But growing up and moving on with life showed me that they were not my true friends because they could not accept that I wanted to focus on my family.

Feel free to message me and add me. I am on here a lot and would love to talk with you. You can do this, and we are here to help. :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me--I love getting to know people. Hope you begin feeling better!
  • hegiahazman
    hegiahazman Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to talk to you. This feeling of loneliness will lift as you begin to love yourself more. When you do, you will pave the way for others to love you too. I'd be happy to friend you if you like.
  • amzelrulz
    amzelrulz Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll be your friend if you want? I'll add you =)
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be friends. Please invite me.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i can understand how you feel too. feel free to add me on here :)
  • Hotabs
    Hotabs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1229533.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Hi come on now you have lots of friends on MFP. I had to get in line to send you this post. Ha ha ok am going to try I said try to send you a message or quote a week to make you laugh trick is you have to try to tell me what you think of the quote. So you are helping me as well cause am on a serious mission to get back in control. Ok

Today am going to do a 5k jog with my daughter to raise money for her basket ball club. My aim to help me lose weight her aim to make me pay her fees. Ha ha. What are you up to today?
  • m11ekd
    m11ekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I can understand how you feel and it's so nice to see so many people offering help and support. Everybody goes through similar feelings at different times of their life and most feel so much stronger when they come out the otherside. The difficulty is the journey you are going through now. Please feel free to add me if you think I can offer any support to you or any others. Hope the support you are being offered through MFP helps
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hun we all have off days, off weeks, hell even off months if you're anything like me! Feeling alone is one of the worst feelings as you become not only your "only" friend but your worst enemy as that little voice in your head starts getting increasingly negative.
    Just try to focus on the positive things you do have. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and perhaps right now the universe is teaching you to be strong and rely on your own inner strength before relying on others for happiness. May sound a bit odd to some people but believe me I've been through plenty of periods in my life with no friends for various reasons, and it's only recently that I'm learning you have to be happy alone before you can truly be happy around others. It all happens for a reason and those periods of low self esteem are there to teach you how to recognise when things are going well.

Feel free to add me, I'm on here daily and try to take a positive approach to everything! :flowerforyou:
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi there Brighteyes

Boy, do I know how you feel. I'm sure most of us at one time or another have felt completely friendless. I am also encouraged like M11ekd in how many have offered support. It's a great feeling being part of a community of people all trying to get healthy and reaching out to one another at our point of need. I'm really encouraged by that. I'd be more than willing to friend you and if there's anything I can do to support you, I'm open. I think Mamamudbug had some good advice though about volunteering. I know when I have felt the lowest, going out and trying to do something for someone else that didn't benefit me at all, not only shows you're friendly and open to friendship but it definitely fills up that lonely place in your heart when you do something for someone else. It definitely helped me when I was in that place. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm also on everyday.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and message me if ya need an ear.:happy:
  • lil_monkey21
    Options
    big hugs. I am much the same i have 2 really good friends but hardly see much of them so apart from seeing my partner on the weekends on dont see people
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It doesnt sound ridiculous at all, dont worry about it. I think everyone has felt that way at least one point in their life. Feel free to add/message me. :)
  • S6Kev
    S6Kev Posts: 16
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and people telling you to do various things is really hard when you have no self esteem or motivation and no matter how down you feel pulling yourself out of the gutter is so difficult. I am (was) in the same situation except I'm not a gorgeous 18 year old women with my whole life to live, that is definately a positive for you.

I have recently got myself a Personal Trainer and the last few weeks have been so positive for me. My Personal trainer has not only been there to help with my training and diet but motivationally he has been superb. Its certainly going to be a long hard struggle for me but by training, losing weight and being motivated my self esteem will return and gaining that positive mental outlook will help me achieve my goals and turn my life around. I'm sure you can do exactly the same as I have already said you look far better then me already so please dont beat yourself up.

Again if you want to PM me for any reason please feel free to do so.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I think it is really brave of you to put yourself out there like that. Things happen in life and sometime we end up with no close friends (fall out's, moving away, life changes etc.). The problem is when you are lonely and sad and down on yourself it shows to other people and they back away (I know I do this myself). Making friends on here to motivate you and help you to feel better about yourself is a good start, but maybe joining some clubs and trying to get to know people with similar interests to you will help you to make other friends too. I know how lonely it feels :flowerforyou: