It's been a while...but I'm back...30 day shred anyone?

Options
Hello all MFP's...I haven't been here in a while, but I'm back now so that all that matters. I have however, managed to gain a few pounds back from my last loss....BOO!!! I'm motivated more than ever to get myself in shape.

My husband is in the Army, Active duty, and is going to an Army School (Level 4 Modern Army Combatives; he just tookover our posts fight house and I'm so proud of him!!:heart: ) on Nov 8th that lasts a month. Our anniversary is Dec 2....however, he doesn't graduate from his school until Dec 4th. SO, that gives me just enough time to get the 30 day shred done. I don't want to let him know what I'm doing, so he will hopefully be surprised when he comes home. I really need some help staying motivated...won't you help me? Holidays are coming up too, and I know this is going to get harder...
I'm starting the 30 day shred today...my biggest hurdle is going to be my nighttime snacking...I do well all day and then at night I get the munchies..If I could just stop doing that I'd be a lot better off.

Anyway, anyone want to join me on for the 30 day shred?

Replies

• april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What is it? I'm kinda new to MFP so im not caught up on all the lingo!!!
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in :) I've really been slacking in the exercise department... Jillian is just what I need :P
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred yesterday and she's killing me :laugh: I'm hoping to make it through all 3 levels in just 30 days... nothing like being reminded HOW out of shape you are.
  • amccarville
    Options
    I am in too. My husband and I have done the Shred before and I thought of trying something different, but he commented last night that he wanted to do it again........so we will join you too!!!!!!! Try snacking on apples and oranges at night. We work out after we put our 3 girls to bed so am very hungry after our workout. We try to split and apple and orange and drink a bunch of water. Of course we havent done this in awhile but we will start tonight. The only bad thing, just went to the store for food and they had NO oranges.....whats up with that.

Good Luck!!!!!:happy:
  • amccarville
    Options
    silvertears.....it will get easier......you will even this 10 days on each level is too long......before you know it!!1 Hang in there.
  • vanillagirl18
    Options
    Hey, actually when i was seeing a personal trainer they told me if you're going to snack at NIGHt-- you would be better off to have a 1/2 cup of ice cream (yogurt) as opposed to an orange. Your body will not have the time to burn off the orange at night time ! just a thought!
  • amccarville
    Options
    good to know....vanillagirl18. thanks. I got plenty of icecream in the freezer!!!:) and it iall 100 cal. a serving.
  • animechic23
    Options
    i will be right there with u too. ive done level one once. it kicked my butt so ill jump in with u. another good workout dvd is one called 10 days to a better body. i did that one fri sat and sun. i can still feel everything. i couldnt do it on monday so i went for a 69 minute walk.:bigsmile:
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I bought the DVD last week but have been too lazy to try it... no more lameo excuses, time to sweat!

About late night snacking, favortie snack that I slowly nibble at - brown rice cake (the ones I have are gluten free, but it doesn't have to be) with smooth peanut butter smeared on top. Totally filling.

Good luck all!
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Had a DVD called the 30 day Shred...its will definately test you!! its a very good workout. If you know anything at all about Jillian you know she is hard core. I got off track a while back and need some help staying on the wagon this time...LOL The DVD is cheap, I got it at Best Buy for $12, but someone else told me you can get it at wal-mart for even less. Let me know if you need anything, I'm here...I'm on yahoo messenger too if you need to chat it up LOL

Toni D