Pill Cause Weigh Gain?

Options
Hi

I am overweight and hands up openly admit that it is due to my over eating and under excersising that has caused it, however I am on the Pill Cilest and have heard that this can cause weight gain, has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks in Advanca xx

Replies

• Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have heard that the pill can cause weight gain....

Although not for any other reason than increasing your appetite, I didn't notice any difference when i started taking mine.

In fact I actually lost weight, but that was down to eating more healthy / less and moving more.

xxx
  • folkoono
    folkoono Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Pill can sometimes cause you to retain more water, which shows up as weight gain.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Birth control hormones do not cause weight gain.

Hormones can affect your body in other ways, it can impact your mood and appetite (marginally), but will NOT cause weight gain directly.

Water retention is possible though.
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies xxx
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I hear the only weight gain would be in your boobies if anything.
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm not sure about that certain pill but I do know that contraceptive pills have hormones in them that may make you put on weight.
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    it increases appetite and when i was on it i didn't notice that it did but it actually did (if you understand) so i did eat more and gain weight. as it tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant it becomes extremely hard to lose weight once you've gained it. i'm now terrified for the next time i go on it ;/
  • cazzy147
    cazzy147 Posts: 47
    Options
    Me and my friend both gained about a stone when we started.
    However you are able to easily get rid of it with a healthy diet x
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im on Cilest and it hasnt effected my weight at all. Everyone is different though, and a 'common side effect' of Cilest is weight gain.