green tea

Options
Hi everyone,

i have heard recently that green tea can help boost your metabolism... has anyone dropped coffee for green tea and noticed any significant difference? I have started drinking it instead of coffee as I have also heard it has other great health benefits, but I was curious to see if there was any basis to the "boosted metabolism" theory.

Replies

• dinkydudette
    Options
    I heard that too. I read a study somewhere that said they tried it on rats and it increased their metabolism but limited their protein absorption rate.
    I only briefly looked at it though so can't remember how effective it said it was.
  • lou98
    lou98 Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried drinking green tea as I'd heard it boosts metabolism but it made me really sick so don't drink too much!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If there's an effect, it's not significant.

However, green tea is a refreshing and healthy alternative to other drinks.

NOTE I'm assuming here that by "green tea" you mean a cup of tea made simply by pouring hot water onto green tea leaves and waiting a few minutes for the leaves to sink before pouring it - NOT something with sugar or any other crap added to it, or some ghastly sugary chemical laden commercially produced liquid! :bigsmile:
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink a crapload of green tea, and lost a lot of weight in short time. I really think it has helped for me personally.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I take green tea extract vcaps which is like 2-3 cups of green tea a day. Always take with food though.
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 3 cups a day!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I started this week taking decafinated green tea extract . 1 capsule per day & take it w food . Feel good from it I don't weigh in till Saturday so I'll see then if it helped any. The benefits are suppose to be great from it when you google the benefits of it!:smile:
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    drinking it now ,the anti toxins help your liver which breaks down the fat in your body .healthy liver, faster metabolism ,faster fat loss.
    thats the claim .