Hello - I'm new and from the UK!

Options
I thought I would say hi and introduce myself! I’ve recently found MFP and absolutely love it! So much easier to use than other “calorie counting” sites and hopefully I’ll meet some weight dropping buddies too! I started 3 weeks ago at a massive 262lbs at 5’6” and a size 20 (UK) and am now at 256lbs (although it was more but thanks to a party I managed to put some on)! I am aiming to lose 3 stone by the end of the year by cutting down my portions and going to the gym 3-4 days a week. I am sticking to 1400-1500 calories a day but will allow myself the odd treat/night out etc as I think it’s important to still live your life and not be miserable – everything in moderation!
If anyone wants to connect or whatever it’s called on here, please feel free – looking forward to meeting some new people on the same ‘journey’!

Replies

• HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome!
    Congrats on the weight loss so far, great job and long may it continue! :)
    I'm also from the UK, feel free to add me.
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI! I've never understood clothes sizes. I'm taller than you (only just: 5' 7"), weigh slightly less than you (have gone from 251 to 244) but am a size 26-28 trousers and skirts!
    Anyway, I'm also from the UK, but currently in Italy.
    Welcome and well done so far!
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

feel free to add me, i;m from the UK (Near leeds)

well done for your loss and good luck

PS: clothes sizes here have a lot to do with body shape & which shop you buy from !!!!!!!, i'm a pear shape so no one size all over
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    HI.

Well done on the weight loss so far. I find this site very useful and seeing other people losing weight on here pushes me to exercise more and eat well.

I am from Warwickshire in the UK.

x
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello

Welcome to mfp :)
    Feel free to add me, I am Stacey, 27 years old from Derby in the UK..

xx
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

Please add me - I from up north. Started at 245 and now down to 228.
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    HI
    feel free to add me
    Had a wobble with the Jubilee but geting back in the saddle!

I'm oop north!
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I am from the UK currently eating 1500 calories and I work out 5 times a week :flowerforyou:
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Essex UK feel free to add me if you like ( an anyone else) :-) You've done a great job! clothing size make me annoyed they vary so much with store/style/cut & fabric. I've fought my way down from 275lbs (i'm 5ft 8/ 9 on a good day) an at my heaviest I was size 22 UK bottoms. crazy lol
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello! Also in the UK! I'm 27 and 5'3. My start weight was 328 (UK size 28) and I've currently lost 42lbs (now UK size 22/24 top and 26 bottom). Feel free to add me. I'm just starting to add exercise in 3-4 times a week so slowly getting used to it. I'm on 1600 calories a day (works for me so far).

Debbie
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me, am a German living in London and am always looking for friends to support!
    Good luck with your weight loss.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, all you new (ish) UK MFPers.... there is a growing group of us... Team UK is the biggest group with getting on for 2000 members and you can go to groups and sign up there. There are smaller ones - eg I am down near Portsmouth, and there is a Portsmouth group of about 20 people. We recently finished a Team UK 8 week challenge - Southerners vs Northerners vs Scots!!! It helps some of us to do these challenges and is a bit of fun, too.
    So do sign up for some of these groups, and look forward to seeing you on the message boards there!
    Isn't MFP great... but beware, it can become addictive! :flowerforyou:
  • iloveweasels
    Options
    Wow! What a huge response, I wasn't expecting that! I'm at work so can't add everyone at the moment but will when I get home - feel free to add me though! Looking forward to joining some groups and getting involved :happy:
  • maggiam
    maggiam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oooo fellow UKers :D
    Congrats on the weight loss so far :) feel free to add me
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You are all welcome to add me. I have lost 9.9Kg so far, and I exercise 6 x a week. I have another 10kg to lose. I am currently a UK size 10-12

Marie
  • bellaboo07
    bellaboo07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm from the uk too feel free to add me if you like! Started at 242 currently at 169lb x
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Friend request sent! :bigsmile:

I'm 39 yrs old, 5'9, and 154lb. I want to get down to 140lb. Would love more UK friends, please feel free to add me guys! :happy:
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Request sent welcome to the gang :wink:
  • Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiya I's Lauren and from Manchester originally but have lived in Cambridge for about 7 years now. I'm also new....joined following a recommendation from a friend who has lost the best past of 5 stone of baby weight since Xmas using MFP as a support. (she looks sooooo fab! a little size 8 again!)

I've been a little overweight for as long as I can remember, not massively (5'4'' - size 14) , just enough for me not to be body confident and HATE being in swim wear. Of late i've been feeling my clothes pinch and have been struggling to find things which I think look nice. It's also a bit of worry for my health really...

I am due to be bridesmaid for my sister in Oct and do not want to be seen as the chubby one. I've been saying for an age that I could do with shifting some weight but am so lazy re getting round to sorting it out!

Gonna be doing BMF at least twice a week and watching what i'm eating with the aim of sorting myself out a bit for my summer hols (i'm a teacher) with the ultimate aim of making my sis, parents and my other half proud in Oct when i'm in my bridesmaid dress.

All support and encouragement greatly appreciated and I am easily swayed partic after a bad day as I am so easily swayed to having some crisps, cake...and vino!