Gooey mac and cheese...170 cals...with PASTA!

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
I made this for dinner tonight and it was seriously delicious! I had to put in in the fridge before I ate the whole pan...

5jsfsw.jpg
29ny0co.jpg

Ingredients:
2 cups Ronzoni Whole Wheat Rotini
3 cups Broccoli
1.5 cups Chopped Butternut Squash
1.5 cups Chopped Zucchini
1 cup Chopped Onion
1 Bell Pepper (I used an orange one)
2/3 cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar
2 slices Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Calorie Countdown milk
1/4 cup Light Mayonnaise (the kind w/ 15 cals/tbsp)
1/4 cup Panko (kind w/ 110 cals/half cup)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Instructions:
1. Boil a pot of water and cook your pasta. Drain when it's done.
2. Pre-cook all your veggies. I like to steam the broc, roast the butternut squash a bit (25 mins @ 350)...leave the oven on when it's done!), and throw the chopped zucchini, peppers and onion in a saute pan with some PAM.
3. Combine the milk, cheddar, cheddar slices (shred these up a bit either with a chopper or by hand) and mayo in a bowl with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk up well.
4. Grab a casserole type pan (9x9 works well) and spray it with PAM. Toss your veggies and pasta in, and pour the cheese/milk/mayo combo over it. Stir it up nicely with a spatula until everything looks even.
5. Since your oven is already preheated to 350, put your pan of delicious-ness in there for 20 minutes. After 20, take a spatula and mix everything around (there will be a bit of milk sitting in the bottom at this point). Stick it in for another 10 mins after mixing.
6. After those 30 minutes of baking, sprinkle your Panko breadcrumbs on top and stick it back in the oven on the broil setting for five minutes, then remove it from the oven.
7. Resist eating the whole pan.

This makes about 6 servings, or four if you're REALLY hungry.

For six servings, per serving:
172 calories, 33 g carbs (5 g fiber), 9 g protein, 2 g fat.

For four servings, per serving:
256 calories, 48 g carbs (10 g fiber), 18 g protein, 5 g fat.

^^^ Yeah, I'm not really sure how the numbers worked out like that with double the protein and fiber and more than double the fat for less than twice the size, but that's what MFP gave me lol. Guess it's a rounding issue.

Replies