Beach Excercising

Options
Hi All,

I'm going on vacation to the beach next week, and I am freaking out that I won't be going to the gym for a whole week. Any advice for exercising at the beach?

Replies

• kmdancer92
    kmdancer92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ...without looking like a freak in public hahah :)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Easy!!! Run in the soft sand (if you are on a beach like the one I live on, it's a KILLER workout!). I also like to run the sand dunes because they are soft too but only do this if your beach allows it, some have a "Keep off the dunes" law. Good luck!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Easy!!! Run in the soft sand (if you are on a beach like the one I live on, it's a KILLER workout!). I also like to run the sand dunes because they are soft too but only do this if your beach allows it, some have a "Keep off the dunes" law. Good luck!!!

^^^This!!!! I was planning on doing the same thing while I am at the beach this weekend :-). Have a blast and get fit :happy:
  • kmdancer92
    Options
    Thanks!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Swimming? I've got a week visiting family and things so I know how you feel..... Not looking forward to it but end of the day its only a week in the grand scheme of things. Enjoy yourself!
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Would you feel embarrassed doing some planks on the sand? Running on the beach is terrific and planks are great core exercises.
  • kablackburn
    kablackburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you plan on getting in the ocean you can walk/jog in the water (against the current), wave jumping, and water aerobics. You can also carry buckets of sand and water to build a sand castle.
  • kmdancer92
    Options
    I probably would feel embarrassed doing planks on the beach at first, but I'll get over it..and I do plan on running :) I just don't know if its better to run on hard sand or soft sand. I heard both are good.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am going to the beach next week also. Planning on getting up early for sunrise runs and yoga!
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Run in the sand, walk in the sand, swim ALOT!, do water exercises

22744495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools