BINGED FOR TWO DAYS HELP!!

Options
I finally reached the 170s and then fell off wagon! I was doing great, and lack of exercise has also gotten to me!! I binged bad for the past two days! Stress and emotions have gotten the best of me!! I need to get on track!! Any encouraging words you can give me to get out of these funk!! I don't want to even look at the scale!!! Feeling even more depressed about it!

Replies

• lbergdvm
    lbergdvm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself for being human and falling off the wagon! It happens to all of us! The past is exactly that - past. So, look forward, picture yourself as the beautiful and healthy person you are, and go forward. Eat well today, do some exercise, and go back to your healthy living. You have a lot of support here, and we know we all have it in us to do this!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Don't look at the scale...at least not yet. Today is a new day. Go back to doing what you were doing before. Log all of your food and NEXT week step back on the scale.

Don't worry, 2 days isn't going to completely derail everything you've done.

You can do it!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey don't beat yourself up too much about it. I did the same athe weekend and also got so drunk that i smoked 2 cigarettes after giving up since new year so i was gutted and know how you feel. Nothing you can do about the past so just put all your negative feelings in the bin and workout extra hard and you will feel better i promise. It worked for me.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    A two day binge is not too bad. I doubt you gained any fat. Maybe just a little water weight. Shrug it off, and go back to your normal way of eating. Make sure to drink plenty of water too.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is jump right back on the wagon. Two days of binging most likely won't make a huge difference. The best thing I ever did in life was figure out when/why I binge on food. I've lost 36lbs and am four pounds away from what I weighed at 17/18 years old but am now 27. Next time you want to binge try going to the gym or for a walk instead :) Keep up the good work!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. To gain just one pound, you'll have to have eaten 1750 calories over your daily requirements on both days, and I doubt you've done that. Just forget it and carry on.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Crap happens. It's called life.
    Moving on...
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    Don't weigh for 3 days. Don't freak out there's no big problem here! Don't feel bad for having what you want for two days. Your going to eventually have things you want and then you recognize what your doing and reset yourself back to your healthy eating and exercising. All is fine!! Just move on start everyday like it's a brand new day!! You are fine, keep up the great work!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Congrats for enjoying yourself for a couple of days!

Now get back in the saddle and carry on...
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Oh well, *kitten* happens.

Don't dwell on the past, do the right things today to make tomorrow better.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same - and I have been using the same old excuses of being too busy, too tired, and too stressed to think about cooking.

You just have to put it behind you, and do a better job today of monitoring your food intake and exercising! That's what I'm going to do!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This happens to me semi-regularly, especially when I was trying to lose 1 pound per week (it would happen once every 2 weeks or so). It doesn't happen as often now that I'm only losing 1/2 pound per week or keeping maintenance. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the wagon. You'll see that in about 4 days from now you'll have lost the water weight and you'll be right back where you were before the binge, or even have less weight. Sometimes your body just needs to "refeed" itself anyway.
  • mel7261
    mel7261 Posts: 15
    Options
    Since you can't change it just learn from it and like everyone else said move on! Every morning symbolizes and new day, a new beginning and each and every meal is a new beginning so even if you have a crappy breakfast you can make up for it with lunch. 2 days is nothing on the scale of things just keep moving in the right direction and you will be fine.
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    Take a deep breath and get back to it we are here for you. Do not beat yourself up, rememeber we are all human and with that come all the emotions. You can do it!!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Don't stress the small stuff! You have done so well so far and having a couple of days off isn't bad! It happens to us all. All the best!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's happened to everyone so don't worry! Just get back on track right away and stay away from the scale for a few days to get the water weight off and you'll be just fine!

Someone once told me "If you dropped one dish and broke it, would you throw the rest of the dishes out?" No of course not! In other words, those two days were just a small blip (one dish) and doesn't mean you have to go and break the rest of the "dishes" (or give up)! :smile:
  • Hakarn
    Hakarn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's not too bad. Most of the time if you bing, your body will not actually absorb all of the calories that you ate. Within 3-4 days, you will rebound to around the same weight you were before.

This could actually be a good thing for you. Calorie deficit diets can sometimes cause your body to go into a starvation mode - stemming from hunters/gatherers not always having a supply of food. In starvation mode, you will try to utilize all the calories you are consuming and lower your overall metabolism. In this case, there is a chance that you shook up your metabolism and left starvation mode.

Keep going, this is a life time change. Two days are a tiny piece of the whole.
  • kdetmar
    kdetmar Posts: 13
    Options
    I just have to keep telling myself that its a lifestyle change and not a diet!! I never want to go back to 269 again! I am going to start fresh and hopefully I didn't do too much damage!!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Two days...forget it...get back on track - maybe you were pushing yourself too hard? Who cares the important thing is that you realise you've gone wrong and you will pick yourself back up :)