LatinLunatic

Options
Hey everyone,

It's taken me a pretty long time to post. But just wanted to say hi.
My story in a nutshell:
1) January 25, 2012 I weighed 322 lbs.
2) I had sleep apnea (I had to get a bipap machine to sleep), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, I was diabetic but had not developed symptoms....those are just the health issues
3) I was GROSS, I took a flight to Canada in November and needed a seat belt extender (how freakin embarrassing). Do to my sleep apnea I was always falling asleep at work. I couldn't play anything physical with my daughter because I physcally could not carry my weight more than 10 feet without huffing and puffing. I had to buy all my clothes at the big and tall store. I was afraid to go to my local amusement park because I knew I would not fit in most rides.
4) It is now June 6, 2012...this morning I weighed 228 lbs. I have only one medical problem left, I am still obese (but not morbidly anymore). And the embarrassing moments have been reduced. I actually went to that amusement park last week!!
5) I want to hit 160 before I consider myself a success

well, thanks for reading my story. good luck everyone and if anyone wants to friend me, I would live some company on my journey

LatinLunatic

PS I am also on Fitbit if anyone wants to friend me there too.

Replies

• krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So excited to have you on my friends list Lunatic! I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished already! Great job. I hope you are proud of you too. Keep working, and you'll get there. Your story is inspiring and I can't wait to watch the rest of your transformation!!
  • Lewisgrl23
    Lewisgrl23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job to you!! The first step is recognizing there's a problem and clearly you want to do something about it!!! I would love to introduce you to one of my friends who's done an exceptional job to losing a great deal of weight and is now running marathon's on regular basis... Such an exciting journey... Would love to join you and help connect you to resources that I learn about on my journey as well.
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    well done excellent keep going ive just started this myself i need to lose 2 stone i think to be happy in myself x:bigsmile:
  • Lewisgrl23
    Lewisgrl23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also, check out http://500lbs2marathon.com/Home_Page.html, he's on MFP too. I'm not sure if he's excepting friends right now, but his journey has been amazing. You'll be able to get some really great menu tips from his diary, especially from someone who has accomplished such an amazing loss.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    People like you are my inspiration....congratulations and continued success!!!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    That is truly amazing and an inspiration to us all. Congratulations on your success and determination to keep going. I am so happy for you! Feel free to add me as a buddy, I am always looking for new people to support and encourage.
  • crusadermax
    Options
    Dude you just gave me more motivation!! Will be adding you to keep up with you!
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,that my friend is a round of applause.you seen your problem and attacked it .good luck on the rest of it .
  • mrob81
    mrob81 Posts: 36
    Options
    Latinlunatic, how tall are you? We weigh the same amount and I wouldn't consider 228 obese. Congratulations on changing your life. SUPER motivation for me to keep my butt in the gym.
  • Kat8976
    Kat8976 Posts: 23
    Options
    AWESOME job! Your accomplishments are incredibly motivating :o)
  • dhoody
    dhoody Posts: 49
    Options
    WoW what you are doing is amazing, I am dealing with some of the same health issues but reading your story is true motivation. This is why I started here to see the proof it can be done...Good Stuff