Trainer gains and loses 70 lbs on purpose...

Replies

• JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Very Interesting!! It's nice to see people gaining humility... even I, who's dropped 50lbs, Find it hard that some people who are obese, let themselves be that way.. but I agree, it's more of an emotional, mental issue, because when you don't feel good about yourself, the motivation is more easily lost. Combine that with physical stuff and it is a huge roadblock to overcome.
  • very interesting !
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    bump
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Interesting, but I'd be scared to death that I would gain the 70 lbs and keep it!

I suppose that if you didn't struggle with weight before, that maybe it would be easier to do that. I truly believe that a lot of people have a very real food addiction. Unfortunately, you need food to live, so you can't just go cold turkey. Imagine how difficult it would be for a cocaine addict that had to keep using cocaine, but just with moderation. That is the struggle of food addiction.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    This trainer will have no problem get clients.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    I like how being overweight made him hairy and less tan
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    I saw it when he proposed he was going to do it. Nice to see he came on the other side with open eyes! I hope he as well as others see why Weight Watchers and other such programs work! It is the support and compassion and understanding and how to get throught the mental issues that helps besides just saying "eat a salad".
    Don't get me wrong we all need toughness but discipline with training and eating but berating and being judgemental or assuming I am a certain way without talking with me is wrong. For some it is simple for others complex and some of us are in the middle...
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    wow! this is great! I'm wondering how he didn't get stretched/saggy skin?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    this is a great marketing move by him.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member

That would be because it was only a year, 6 months to put it on and another 6 to go back down.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member

That would be because it was only a year, 6 months to put it on and another 6 to go back down.

So why do some pregnant women get stretch marks and saggy bellies?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    This trainer will have no problem get clients.

Exactly.. I think hes writing a book about it too.. i didn't have much time to look into it but seems like he might.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    He is a self-promoting A-hole who I hope chokes on a stick of butter ! :explode:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    He is a self-promoting A-hole who I hope chokes on a stick of butter ! :explode:

whats wrong with self promotion?
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Interesting, but I'd be scared to death that I would gain the 70 lbs and keep it!

I suppose that if you didn't struggle with weight before, that maybe it would be easier to do that. I truly believe that a lot of people have a very real food addiction. Unfortunately, you need food to live, so you can't just go cold turkey. Imagine how difficult it would be for a cocaine addict that had to keep using cocaine, but just with moderation. That is the struggle of food addiction.

This is so very true and especially for me. Food is (or was rather) literally a drug for me. I had to realize this and look my addiction in the face before I could truly become successful with my lifestyle change.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member

So why do some pregnant women get stretch marks and saggy bellies?

Their skin is stretched for longer period of time probably be bigger. He would have trained hard to reduce it.

I have lost 168 pounds and don't have much excess skin other than a bit around my stomach and that is slowly reducing.