Shaping the Body

Options
Hi there,

I'm having a small problem with losing the last bit of additional weight. Although my BMI index shows that I am within the right weight (BMI = 21.7, 65 kg, 173 cm), I'm still struggling with getting the body into the right shape.

I started to exercise two months ago, I'm doing a range of different activities from pilates, aerobic, yoga, body pump, total tone exercises, running, I just can't get rid of the last 3-4 kilos so as to have a nice body without fat. The exercises are usually 4-5 a week, sometimes two a day. The body did indeed change, but I feel that there it doesn't have the effect that should have.

I'm also being careful of what I eat, I'm trying not to eat fat food, not to eat late in the evening. I changed the eating diary few years ago, so there should not be a problem. Or maybe is?

I just feel kind of hopeless, I'm really motivated to continue with the exercises, I'm not give up, but I just need to finally figure out where I'm making a mistake. Thanks for reading and I'll be grateful for any advice.

Cheers,
Natalia

Replies

• imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Strength training!

It sounds like you're doing a lot of cardio. Start lifting weights!
  • Lamaa11
    Lamaa11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, are you saying that lifting the weights will help me to lose the remaining fat so as to shape the body? Isn't losing fat based on aerobic activities?
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting! muscle is a calorie torcher and, if you really want to re-shape your body, building muscle is the way to go. Don't rely on body pump for this. Body pump is too cardio heavy. Get something like Stronglifts 5x5 or (my fave) New Rules of Lifting for Women. Give it several weeks and I guarantee you'll be stoked by the results.
  • Lamaa11
    Lamaa11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for the post... Do you have any link or source where to look for the info about New Rules of Lifting for Women?

I tried to google sth, but not sure if it what you thought. Is it this book, you mentioned: The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess?
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women

Once you're down to the right weight, it's more about losing body fat % than it is losing WEIGHT. When you increase your muscle, you lose that extra body fat, which makes you look slimmer, as muscle takes up less space in your body.

Make sure you're not watching the scale, you're watching inches. You will probably gain a little weight when you start lifting, but you will start losing those trouble spots.