I feel crappy!

Options
Hi everyone
Just need a bit of a whinge! I have been on here since last saturda and done really well!
But "aunt flo" came to visit yesterday (i saw this expresion on another post and liked it!) and i just feel awful today!! To top it off I am about to go out for dinner with my friend, and its friday night, i feel like i don't trust myself and that i am just going to scoff bad food! I am mentally thinking "choose a salad, choose a salad" but am very scared i will go for italian chicken and chips with mayo and lots of wine! mmmmmm
HEELPPPPP!!!!
:sad:

Replies

• amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Just need a bit of a whinge! I have been on here since last saturda and done really well!
    But "aunt flo" came to visit yesterday (i saw this expresion on another post and liked it!) and i just feel awful today!! To top it off I am about to go out for dinner with my friend, and its friday night, i feel like i don't trust myself and that i am just going to scoff bad food! I am mentally thinking "choose a salad, choose a salad" but am very scared i will go for italian chicken and chips with mayo and lots of wine! mmmmmm
    HEELPPPPP!!!!
    :sad:
  • kimford28
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    I think a lot of us can relate to what you are going through! I have faith in you that you will choose the right dish tonight for dinner!

If you can... plan on working out tomorrow for a bit, so you don't feel so bad:) and drink lots of water!!!

Stay Strong and Good Luck!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Friday dinning out AND aunt Flo... yup and deadly combination for alot of us! No worries.... this comes around all the time. My solution? Go to the gym before dinner (if you have enough time and/or your aunt Flo isn't visiting too much") and plan on going in the morning!

This is what I do!

I too tend to start at the end of the week, so those cravings are always screaming at me. I go to the gym, do 35-40 miutes of cardio, run home and shower. I always feel good at dinner becasue I have 1) been to the gym & 2) have showered and feel fresh, unlike what I would have felt like if I had gone home from work and sat on my butt for an hour. When I feel good, I tend to make the better choices when ordering too.

Then tomorrow, when you wake up, head back to burn off that indulgent glass of wine I may have had (or even dessert), plus a little extra cardio, just to start the weekend off right. I usually go right from the gym (or Sat morning bicycle ride) to grocery shopping and errand running, so I don't go home and start eating.

Best of luck, and my Aunt Flo pack her bags quickly!
  • amandagreen1980
    Options
    Thanks!!
    I did plan on taking my dog for a walk but i am in too much pain! I have just taken some pain killers and drank lots of water!
    I DO plan on taking my dog for a really long brisk walk in the morning though to start the weekend off right, just hope i feel better!
    Well I am off out now (it's 7:30pm in England!)
    When i pick up the menu i will just think of you guys and i will post what i have tomorrow! If i am held accountable i will surely mske the right choice!
    Thanks guys!
    :wink:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda, I feel your "PAIN" as it where.
    I try to weigh myself everyday, and about fell over when I GAINED 2 pounds overnight. :noway:
    Then I started a few hours later.
    LIGHT BLUB MOMENT!! OH retaining water! I GET IT!.
    drink oddles of water and flush your system. :drinker:
    Get the excersive to stop cramps. (As stated before)
    TRY to stay away from words like FRIED, and DIPPED IN, CREAMED, and my favorite MEGA or something like that, meaning they give you 4 times the amount that a normal person should eat. Only do Mega if you are sharing the whole thing with 4 or more people.
    When you get your meal whatever it is. BEFORE YOU EAT ONE BITE! GET A TO GO BOX, section out 1/2 the plate. and put it in the to go box. Set it to the side, NOW you can eat.
    If you want wine. 1 glass, not a whole bottle. If you are drunk you will be on the "to heck with the diet" thing, and you will hate yourself in the AM.
    If you want desert SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS one cake with 2 or more spoons is:
    1) less calories. 2) Mindful eating..Meaning you will be thinking about what and how you are eating more when you share. 3) CHEAPER!
    But still have fun, Just because you are dieting and losing weight does not mean you need to turn into a hermit. You are doing this to be healthy, NOT to be a shut in that never GOES anywhere or DOES anything.
    --Diann...
  • katharinejuliano_2010
    Options
    Oh no! I hate Aunt Flo!!! :) I'm going out for dinner tonight too... but I tried to plan for it, so that all week I did really well (especially today!) and now I won't feel too bad about it because I know that I've been a good girl! Then in the morning, I agree with everyone else... try to hit the gym! I'm going to be there too, so we'll be long distance work out buddies!!! Hang in there, we're all in the same boat sister!!!1

Good Luck!
    And ps- don't deprive yourself of anything... it makes dieting SO MUCH worse! If you feel like chicken tonight, don't make yourself have a salad... it'll probably make everything harder in the long run... At least it does for me!!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda

I don't have an aunt flo but my wife does. Inlaws what can you do? What works for my wife is during the visit she allows me to decide what she eats. She says the responsibility is the killer. She crave sweets the most. Knowing this I go to great lengths to give her them to her( low calorie). With in her daily amount of coarse. so my point is this if you have someone who take over let them your stress out enough with the visitor.

PS
    I make small changes to her over all food menu to allow for the sweets and I always allow enough room for the I just want one more pleasssssssssssssssse.
  • amandagreen1980
    Options
    Thankyou soo much for all your good advice!!
    I am home now and feel sooo much better! It did make it better that the friend i went out with has just recently lost 63lbs and knows exactly how i feel! So we decided together what would be the best option!
    I had a goats cheese and roasted vegetable tart (i didn't eat the pastry!) with a salad, i LLLOOOVVVEEEE goats cheese so it was really delicious!! Also my friend wasn't drinking wine so I didn't either!! We had a really good night! I don't know what i was stressing about. I don't know whether it went over (i had about 800 calories left for the evening) but if it did i'm not stressing cos I will be doing a big work out tomorrow and know i had a good time for it!!
    Thankyou for being there in my time of need!
    :flowerforyou: