Running tights, suggestions?!

Options
Can anyone please suggest a good pair of running tights to go under my shorts? I did an 8 mile training run on Sunday and about died because of the so called "chub rub". I have tried bike tights but those ride up just as much...I need something that will semi-stay in place.

Replies

• Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use UnderArmor compression shorts...they're quite fantastic. :smile:
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use UnderArmor compression shorts...they're quite fantastic. :smile:

^^^This! I have Under Armour compression capris and I LOVE them!!! They keep you nice and cool as well.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Go to someplace like Sports Authority or ****'s and try on a bunch of different brands. Under Armor is good but the waist band was too tight for me. I ended up liking Champion brand better. Easier on the wallet too. Def. go for capris though!
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Go to someplace like Sports Authority or ****'s and try on a bunch of different brands. Under Armor is good but the waist band was too tight for me. I ended up liking Champion brand better. Easier on the wallet too. Def. go for capris though!

Seriously?! Its a sporting goods store for heavens sake... {Dlck's Sporting Goods}
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I have Nike compression shorts and under armour running tights. i'm obsessed with the under armour ones
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like my Champoin capris, I don't wear them with shorts though. Have you tried just using anti-chaffing products yet? There are bars and gels, even Vaseline can work.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried just using Glide or the like to prevent the chafing? I don't have the issue (so no advice on compression shorts), but I have friends who swear by it...
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the actual anti-chafing products. y'all will probably laugh - which is totally fine with me - but I had read that you could try deodorant instead so I went out and bought deodorant specifically for the rubbing -- it worked great until about mile 5 for me and then it rained and got extremely humid. I think I will try some compression shorts or even capris! thanks for the suggestions so far! keep'em coming!
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is awesome!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever is on sale...... my CW-X tights give me the best compression & recovery for long runs but for day-to-day training runs I have a couple of pairs of Diadora (yeah, I know - they're best known for soccer gear) ones I got a really good deal on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    capris pants?
    I have underarmor running tights for the winter, but I could never wear them this time of the year.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort compression shorts or Under Armour full running tights. They're awesome!

Also, as others have suggested, you may want to try something like Body Glide in lieu of buying new apparel.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I really like my stabilyx cw-x tights for races and long runs
    for everyday use, I just run around in my danskin pants from walmart.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Do you mean compression shorts? They are quite a handy thing. Whatever is on sale. The longer ones stay in place better.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried just using Glide or the like to prevent the chafing? I don't have the issue (so no advice on compression shorts), but I have friends who swear by it...
    my hubs lives and dies by glide.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have used different lengths of under armour compression shorts and a pair of old navy compression capris. The optimal length for shorts for me would be 7 inches, right above the knee, but I have 2 and 4 inches. They help a lot, but I still rub a little at the bottom of the shorts. Since it was race day and i wasnt near a store, I used plain ol deodorant around the bottom of the shorts and about an inch below...no more problems. I do find that it feels like it grips a little, so its strange the first time to run like that...but I had no more rubbing issues. However, I do my daily runs in capris to avoid the situation completely. But on race day, in arizona heat...I go for shorts and deodorant. Its much cheaper than body glide stuff and worked for me. BF however hates it, would rather rub than use it. I recommend find something you like, try a few different things, and stick with it.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Nike Legend Dri-Fit - have about five pairs of these. Just the right amount of snug without being glued to your legs, and sufficiently sturdy fabric for outdoors.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I really like my stabilyx cw-x tights for races and long runs

Same here as well as shorts from the same company
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Lululemon Run A Marathon capris are my absolute favourites. Body Glide is definitely a great product too!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is garbage...$$$ and tends to crumble or break off the stick 2/3 of the way through and not work for more than an hour or so, so a stick may only last a few months. A bottle of Two Toms SportShield can last me close to a year for the same price (their BlisterShield sock powder is fabulous...no blisters, not even running marathons). It was originally recommended to me by an ultra-running buddy. Triathletes use it, too, since water won't wash it off.
    sport-shield-roll-on-anti-friction-dry-lotion.jpg