Hi from Ireland

Options
Hi everyone

I found this site yesterday and am I delighted !! Just want to say hi to everyone. I've a very big task ahead of me. I'm 5'9" tall and weigh 14st 10lbs (206lbs) as of this morning, I'm disgusted with myself and realistically I need to lose 3 stone (42lbs) or even more, I hope we can all give each other the little big of encouragement that some of us need :-)

Sinead

Replies

• vetboss
    vetboss Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! New here too! :) I'll add ya :)
  • irishcailin2012
    irishcailin2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks so much. Now I'm going to ask you a stupid question here but how do you add someone? cause I'll do the same
  • entersandlady
    entersandlady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Newbie here too & from Ireland!!

Have to admit I'm loving the site & app.

Also wondering how do I add someone??
  • irishcailin2012
    Options
    Hi !

Seems a terrific site,lets hope we can accomplish what we've set out to do, I want to get back to what I used to weigh, be confident and happy in myself
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi There I too am from Ireland and on this for ages its great but I still dont know how to add people!
  • irishcailin2012
    Options
    Hi

We're fairly well coming out of the woodwork. I've got no feedback from anyone yet. What part Ireland u from?
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Not from Ireland, but fan of Ireland. Hit the person's name you want to add as friend and there will be that option in their home page. Welcome, I've been on this site for about 2 months and lost 12 lbs. so it's doable.
  • charmalene
    charmalene Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Ireland too, feel free to add me!
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm from Ireland too and found this site helpful although I haven't been maintaining it much the last month due to busyness.

One thing I've noticed is that the better I feel about myself (being compassionate to myself) the better I treat myself. I understand if you feel disgusted or ashamed but you have no reason to feel more disgusted with yourself than you would with anyone else who hadn't eaten healthily! It's pretty normal this day and age to overeat and under-exercise and gain weight as a result. (I am not saying it is healthy or good but that it is understandable.) So my advice would be to take it one step at a time, be kind to yourself and be kind to your body and give it what it needs.

I'm preaching this at myself too by the way :)

Hi everyone

I found this site yesterday and am I delighted !! Just want to say hi to everyone. I've a very big task ahead of me. I'm 5'9" tall and weigh 14st 10lbs (206lbs) as of this morning, I'm disgusted with myself and realistically I need to lose 3 stone (42lbs) or even more, I hope we can all give each other the little big of encouragement that some of us need :-)

Sinead
  • tracrey
    tracrey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and everyone!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Lots of Irish on here.. Good luck, and welcome, from Canada! :)
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I love it here.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi there & welcome !

My grandma came to New York from Donegal in 1903 ........ that's as close as I get LOL

These sayings are on my screensaver .....

- I love and approve of myself just the way I am ......... and I can be even better !
    - I love myself and deserve the best this world has to offer !

If you keep an open mind & have a sense of determination, nothing can stop you ...... enjoy the journey !
  • irishcailin2012
    Options
    Thanks verptwerp

Ah an irish connection. Ah New York,my 2nd home as I call it. Worked there for over 2 years and had some of the best times of my life there :-)
  • Preciouspony21
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site since yesterday and I need some support. Most of my adult life I have been overweight and I am currently about 220lbs. and only 5'7".

I am a 40yr. old mother of two boys and want to be as healthy as I can for them because as they grow up they need me more than ever!

Any new friends who can provide support are welcome and I promise to try to do the same for you!
  • entersandlady
    entersandlady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow, the Irish & Irish connections are really coming out of the wood work!! Hi to all!! :)

So how is everyone's day going?? So I'm 4 says on the site & have lost 2lbs (& trust me I'm not starving myself!!), so yay!!!! Although I have to admit that the weekends are my downfall - Its alot easier to eat healthy during the week while in a routine!!
  • Sasco67
    Sasco67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site - I hope you achieve your goals. It does seem easier to stay motivated on here. I joined about 6 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs so far. I'm definitely here for the long haul as I'm finally trying to make a lifestyle change that I can stick to, rather than diet for a month or so, lose a few lbs then get bored and give up. The more encouragement we can get the easier it'll be to stick to...I think doing the food and exercise diaries really open your eyes about food choices and make you think twice about that 500 calorie sandwich that takes a serious hard slog in the gym to get rid of :-O
    I'm not Irish but please feel free to add me as a friend :-)