Whole weat pasta recipes?

Options
Hey, does anyone know any good recipes that include whole wheat pasta? I have bought about 3 packets of whole wheat pasta and have no idea what type of servings to do with it haha. thanks :)

Replies

• sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Do the same thing you do with regular pasta. Or are you looking for pasta recipies in general?
  • cc32676
    cc32676 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    asparagus, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, roasted red pepper pesto, & feta cheese sprinkled on top.....Very yummy :)
  • fashionloverxxx
    Options
    Do the same thing you do with regular pasta. Or are you looking for pasta recipies in general?

Yeah im looking for pasta recipes in general.
  • fashionloverxxx
    Options
    asparagus, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, roasted red pepper pesto, & feta cheese sprinkled on top.....Very yummy :)

Wow that sound really yumm. Gotta try that ;) thanks
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just last night we had a super yummy pasta dish. We used the Ronzoni brand.

Toss asparagus, green and red bell pepper, onion, yellow squash (other veggies of your choice) in olive oil and fresh garlic. We season with Lawry's salt and pepper. Toss that in a grill basket and onto the grill. When the veggies are close to being done, we add grape tomatoes and fresh cilantro. Mix the veggies with the cooked pasta (lightly tossed in olive oil) and add in some pieces of grilled chicken breast. My husband added fresh romano cheese to his plate, but I skipped it to save on calories.

This dish is full of flavor and color!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    dgross1, that sounds so yummmmmy, I've got to try it...thanks
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    try spark recipes, all recipes or eatingwell.com. they all have lighter pasta recipes and most call for whole wheat pasta. I personally think whole wheat pasta tastes really good! so good luck :)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    We only eat whole wheat (if any) carbs in my house. I make spaghetti, stroganoff, lasagna...everything with whole wheat.

Here's a good stroganoff recipe

1 lb lean ground turkey
    1 onion diced
    1 package of sliced mushrooms
    1 diced zuchinni
    1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
    1 can healthy harvest cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 cup fat free yogurt (greek or regular)
    1 tsp salt and pepper
    cooking spray
    6 servings cooked whole wheat pasta (i use penne)

Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add turkey. Brown for 3 minutes then add the rest of the veggies, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is cooked through and veggies are soft. Add soup and yogurt and heat through. Divide evenly into 6 servings over pasta. I love to add a ton of cracked pepper or some chile flake to give it a kick
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Saute garlic in olive oil.

Add chopped spinach and sauté til wilted.

Add pint of halved cherry tomatoes.

Stir in cooked rotini (your wheat rotini) with 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water.

Stir in 3/4 cup shredded asiago cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir well, serve.

One of our family faves!!!