love handles?

Options
so embarrassing, but I was just curious if anyone knew of any good exercises that can help me to get rid of them? or at least shrink them down a little bit

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Continue to lose body fat and they will shrink. Nothing you can do to spot reduce them.
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Doing a good core workout (yoga is great, so is a workout regimen using an exercise ball) will help build the muscle, but you need to burn the excess fat layer to reveal those beautiful abs that will be waiting underneath!
  • aliceallure
    aliceallure Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wish there was some kind exercise that would focus on them. I have a pretty much washboard stomach yet my love handles are massive, and my thighs. But I guess everyone holds their weight in different places. The only thing that you can do is eat healthy and exercise.
    If any one has any exercises to help I'd love to know!
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    Continue to lose body fat and they will shrink. Nothing you can do to spot reduce them.

What this guy said. Also, wear clothes that fit properly and you won't have any bulges or love handle muffin tops!
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    Jogging, zumba, yoga and pilates. They are all great classes but you there aren't any exercises to target it.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    this may sound crazy but I had a friend yesterday tell me she got a weighted hula hoop and would do that 20 min a few times a week watching tv and she saw great results
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

^this^
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Broom stick twists (http://www.ehow.com/how_2190752_work-obliques-broom-stick-twist.html) and tea pot dips (can't find a link for it but stand shoulder with a part and bend from your waist to one side and come up SLOWLY. 3 sets of 15 and I PROMISE you'll feel something!)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    this may sound crazy but I had a friend yesterday tell me she got a weighted hula hoop and would do that 20 min a few times a week watching tv and she saw great results
    This works too for the whole mid section.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

What this guy said. Also, wear clothes that fit properly and you won't have any bulges or love handle muffin tops!

I dont agree with this fully... If I wear jeans that don't give me a muffin top (I did have twins though so lots of skin) my pants DONT stay up - I am constantly pulling them up and they are all baggy everywhere. I have to find proper tops that flatter me instead.