Supplements

Options
I currently take no vitamins or supplements, I know this topic is widely different and I'm not sure where to start. I can't afford $100's of dollars a month on bottles of supplements that I will probably really only remember to take about every other day. I eat relatively well but I still haven't cut out all processed foods and sugar and what not. I'm trying, just taking baby steps! I would love input on supplements, where to buy them if they are really worth it and all that.
Thanks!
Lindsey

Replies

• saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I take a mulitvitamin and extra vitamin B complex for energy. Both are cheap and can be bought anywhere.
  • lizzielou67
    Options
    I take Women's One A Day. They are inexpensive and can be found almost every where. They got a top rating on some sites that rate vitamins and what they contain.

I also (as an "older" female) take calcium. Again, not too expensive at most drug stores (or stores like Target etc.).

My doc says I'm good with those and has asked me to also take potassium because I take a high blood pressure medicine to help keep my kidneys healthy (I'm a Type 1 diabetic).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I currently take no vitamins or supplements, I know this topic is widely different and I'm not sure where to start. I can't afford $100's of dollars a month on bottles of supplements that I will probably really only remember to take about every other day. I eat relatively well but I still haven't cut out all processed foods and sugar and what not. I'm trying, just taking baby steps! I would love input on supplements, where to buy them if they are really worth it and all that.
    Thanks!
    Lindsey

The truth is that many of the supplements only result in extremely expensive urine for those eating a healthy, well balanced diet.

Having said that, taking a multi-vitamin with minerals can be cheap insurance.
  • Kjames245
    Kjames245 Posts: 2
    Options
    I RECENTLY STARTED TAKING "OXYELITE PRO" IT'S A FAT BURNER AND I ALSO TAKE A VITAMIN EVERY DAY CALLED WOMEN'S ULTRA MEGA ENERGY AND METABOLISM. THESE HAVE REALLY WORKED GREAT FOR ME!! YOU CAN GET THEM AT THE GNC. I HAVE TONS OF ENERGY ALL DAY AND OVER ALL I JUST FEEL AWESOME AND I CAN TOTALLY SEE A DIFFERENCE!! ALL THIS OF COURSE WITH A REGULAR WORK OUT ROUTINE :)