Stuck in a rut

Options
Hey guys! This is my first post so bit nervous! Have been on here for about 5 weeks maybe, and recording every day. Have lost about 9lbs, which I am really happy with. HOWEVER, I've stopped losing any.
I'm 20 HW- 150lbs, CW- 141lbs and GW- 130/125lbs Am about 5ft 4ish

I have an active job and always eat under my recommended intake.

Please help? Don't want to sound a bore but nothing too insanely scientific please :P Thanks!!!!

Replies

• blondiebonce
    Options
    Bump. Please?
  • susanne181818
    Options
    I went a whole week eating under 1200 calories and didn't lose crap! I spoke with a personal trainer and because technically I'm not overweight, she suggested that focusing on more weight training would burn the last 15 pounds of fat. She also said that with lifting weights, your body burns more calories when your not even working out. So I'm going to start focusing on weight training. I actually just started (again) today. I also hear alot about upping the protien and ridding the sugar and white carbs.
  • SLally
    SLally Posts: 33
    Options
    We're samers, same age, height, original weightish EXCEPT i havent lost anything!!! I just started increasing the cardio and incorporating weights this week. feel free to add me!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Get 4 wheel drive.
  • susanne181818
    Options
    Get 4 wheel drive.

4 wheel drive????
  • blondiebonce
    Options
    Ooh thanks guys! Added SLally :)
    Ok so, weight training. This sounds good- how would I start off and progress? I.e. routines and increases?
    Much appreciated!!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are a normal part of becoming fit and losing weight. Changing your training like people have suggested is one way to progress. Try adding strength building or interval training in lieu of your normal workouts. Depending on your goals, both have value. I am focusing on losing weight (lost 110lbs and have much to go) and becoming an endurance athlete, so for me I vary my workouts between running, cycling and swimming. Within each exercise, I vary my training between endurance training and interval training. The key, not matter what, is muscle confusion. Diet is another huge component. Depending on your current mix of nutrients, you might change your protein/ carb/ fat ratio.
  • _Emu_
    _Emu_ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much advice I can offer, but just wanted to say your height & goal weight is the same as mine, but your a lot closer than me x
    what exersise are you doing at the minute? I'm training for a 5mile run at the moment, so trying to focus on fitness rather than weight
    feel free to add me?
  • blondiebonce
    Options
    Hey guys!! At the moment I'm eating within my calorie allowance (1490), but (MOSTLY....was under about once or twice?) and I do more exercise than is my target. I walk and my job is very very active (carer which I see burns loads of calories, but I report less time so that I don't over report...if that makes sense?) Have been doing some workouts lately (Tiffany Rothe is amazing) and I'm trying to do regular sessions of squats and lunges. Would love to incorporate weights but have noooo idea where to start!! Any advice would be VERY appreciated :)

jcmartin0313- that is amazing. Inspired!
    xEmux- thanks- will do :D Do you find having a fitness goal is better than a weigh goal?
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would pose that question in the exercise forum. I am not a weight training guy, but many over there are.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot to lose. It's gonna be slow from here on out, possibly. Be patient, you're doing great!!!
  • thekathykelly
    Options
    Check out ExRx for ideas on weight training. I was the same as you weight-wise, did lots of walking, tried to watch my diet, still could not keep the fat off. Then my son gave me a plan for weight training. He told me it would take 6 to 8 months for me to advance beyond beginner. I also tried following a "diet", of 1400 calories on non-weight day, 1900 + some on weight day. The 1400 calories did not work for me. I felt hungry constantly. All I could think about was food! So I decided to just maintain a caloric intake of fewer than 2000 calories a day, cut back on carbs, increase protein and keep up the weight training. I have been doing weight training for over 4 months. I am so much stronger, I can do planks in yoga class now! I lost the 10 pounds I wanted to lose in about 6 weeks, and my weight has remained steady. I also do some cardio (treadmill, jumping jacks!) and yoga. This is a lifestyle change, so find things you enjoy, and go do them. I love weight training, and I feel great now. Hope this helps!
  • blondiebonce
    Options
    Thanks guys- definately going to look into those.
    Very disheartened today because even though I've been staying under my calorie allowance every day, and been exercising, I've put on 2lbs. Whyyyyyy?