New Member Here - Looking to stay motivated

Options
Hello all!! This is my 1st time posting here or even coming to this section. I actually joined about 3 months ago but did nothing. I am a 33 year old male from North Carolina, looking to get and stay healthy. I'm 5'7 and weigh 210lbs. My goal is to get down to 165lbs and I am determined to accomplish my goal this time! I have tried over and over but somehow, I lose motivation and give up. I'm tired of being and feeling unhealthy and will use every tool I can to stay motivated this time. I want to prove to my family, friends, and most importantly, myself that I can achieve my goals!

Replies

• BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    It's definitely not an easy journey, but there are ways to stay motivated and on track. MFP will definitely help you do that. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck to you!
  • JenniferA1030
    JenniferA1030 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im pretty new to this also. Made a username abou 3years ago but never used it. Im back now and here for the same reasons **in need of motivation!** Good luck on your journey, it won't be easy but it will be worth it!!
  • crusadermax
    Options
    Thanks!!! I know it will not be easy and you all are correct... I have to really stay focused this time and be determined.. hopefully being on MFP will assist along the way!!
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I log online from work daily and my phone constantly. Having friends on here is also one of the most helpful tools because it makes it more like FB or twitter then a struggle your in alone...having the people to chat with really helps you feel like your not in it alone. BECAUSE YOU ARENT!

Your on your way to proving it to you! Good job!
  • crusadermax
    Options
    Thanks! I'm so excited and pumped up! Yeah I need to become addicted to this like I am with FB and Twitter.. this will be a more positive experience than those two :)
  • Seb3
    Seb3 Posts: 26
    Options
    G'day crusermax, back in Oct 2010, I too used to weigh 210lbs (95kg), and I am also 5'7 tall. However, through sheer hardwork and discipline I lost over 45lbs (20kg), and now I weigh 165lbs (75kg), Along your weight loss journey you will hit plateaus, don't worry I had encountered them as well, but they are easy to overcome.
  • Seb3
    Seb3 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello all!! This is my 1st time posting here or even coming to this section. I actually joined about 3 months ago but did nothing. I am a 33 year old male from North Carolina, looking to get and stay healthy. I'm 5'7 and weigh 210lbs. My goal is to get down to 165lbs and I am determined to accomplish my goal this time! I have tried over and over but somehow, I lose motivation and give up. I'm tired of being and feeling unhealthy and will use every tool I can to stay motivated this time. I want to prove to my family, friends, and most importantly, myself that I can achieve my goals!

Have you tried High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)?
  • Kjames245
    Kjames245 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I am fairly new but really really love this site. It has really helped me to stay on track. Hoping to make new friends. Maybe we can help each other stay motivated! :)
  • crusadermax
    Options
    Seb3 I really needed that! That's what happened before.. I dropped 15lbs and hi!!t a plateau and gave u!!p. Thanks for the motivation
  • crusadermax
    Options
    Kjames245 we shall motivate each other! You all have me pumped up!