Can't eat

Options
My fiancee and I are calling it quits. Or should I say he decided to call it quits last night. I didn't sleep much last night and I don't have an appetite. Food doesn't sound good at all and I know it's because I'm depressed about this but I don't want to 'force' myself to eat either.

Any advice? :brokenheart:

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise and eat healthy. Exercise helps depression, especially if your exert a good amount of energy doing it.

Not that I'm saying it's going to make everything rosy right away, but it will give you something to focus on that's positive as opposed to something negative.

Sorry to hear about this difficult time! :flowerforyou:
  • sikorak
    sikorak Posts: 13
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. :cry:
    But all will be better, and yes force yourself to at least eat three small meals!
    It will make your body feel better.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Im sooooooo sorry. If it were me, I would worry about my heart and my head right now. Your in a tough spot but you will be okay. The hunger will come when it is ready. Just make sure that you make healthy choices. This is a big change...but....it could be positive right??? Get your booty to the gym and zone out on a cardio machine (helps me get out of my head). Were here for you!!!!!!
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Focus on YOU right now! Make sure you are taking the very best possible care of you that you can, you will bounce back emotionally faster and be feeling fantabulous as a sexy single again in no time! Keep moving, keep up the possitive self-talk and eat nutrient dense foods so that you don't have to eat as much, but your body still gets the vital nutrients it needs to deal with the stress. Drink lots of water!

And remember, you are strong, beautiful woman who is not only more than capable of standing on her own two feet, but looking fabulous and healthy doing it! :drinker:

Keep your chin up!
  • amccarville
    Options
    hang in there!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Focus on YOU right now! Make sure you are taking the very best possible care of you that you can, you will bounce back emotionally faster and be feeling fantabulous as a sexy single again in no time! Keep moving, keep up the possitive self-talk and eat nutrient dense foods so that you don't have to eat as much, but your body still gets the vital nutrients it needs to deal with the stress. Drink lots of water!

And remember, you are strong, beautiful woman who is not only more than capable of standing on her own two feet, but looking fabulous and healthy doing it! :drinker:

Keep your chin up!

I'm sorry to hear that. MsGOINGtobethin! This is the same advice I would give. Focus on you right now,, focus on staying healthy and yes exercise does help a lot! I split with my at the time bf who I had been with for 6yrs...and started working out like crazy. lol dropped 20-30 lbs in one summer. just like that! You also get time to reflect (if u wanna) or space out and day dream while you are exercising.

Good luck!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Couple days ago you posted:

""I'm currently with someone who each day I'm thinking he's not the one I'm suppose to be with. We both have had weight issues and he has been able to lose around 30 lbs by changing his eating habits and exercising and though I am trying as well I am not seeing any of the results he has and instead of being encouraging he's been just down right mean about it. I can't tell if it's him using 'tough love' or him just thinking he's better than me because he was able to do and I haven't. ""

So you're free of this,,, person. Well - good for you. He has been unkind, incompassionate, unloving. Life is too short to waste time with unkind people. You are a good person and you don't have to put up with that.

Now take care of yourself. Just be you for a while. As Fulghum said::: ""...learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some"""

Welcome back to the world of the living. Now go live,,, hard. Like you mean it. :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

""I'm currently with someone who each day I'm thinking he's not the one I'm suppose to be with. We both have had weight issues and he has been able to lose around 30 lbs by changing his eating habits and exercising and though I am trying as well I am not seeing any of the results he has and instead of being encouraging he's been just down right mean about it. I can't tell if it's him using 'tough love' or him just thinking he's better than me because he was able to do and I haven't. ""

So you're free of this,,, person. Well - good for you. He has been unkind, incompassionate, unloving. Life is too short to waste time with unkind people. You are a good person and you don't have to put up with that.

Now take care of yourself. Just be you for a while. As Fulghum said::: ""...learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some"""

Welcome back to the world of the living. Now go live,,, hard. Like you mean it. :smile:

Very well stated.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Go CasperO!!!

He's right. As much as it may hurt right now, in the long run this is a good thing. I'm terribly sorry for the hurt that you are experiencing but tazspastic is right too: You need to focus on you.

There is someone for you, someone who loves you for you. Someone who is supportive and encouraging. But now is the time to worry about you, and not try and jump into anything right away - just enjoy getting to know who you are, and what you need. A woman that is self confident and stands on her own two feet is a very sexy thing indeed.

I will keep you in my prayers!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options

:drinker:

And to be a little catty... You just lost a significant amount of poundage that was holding you back.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Oh ya,,, probably 200+ pounds of ugly fat,,, gone. :smile: :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile: :devil: