How often do you check your weight?

Options
Hi beautiful people!

I was just curious about how often do you check your weight.
I live in an apartment with two other girls and there is a scale in the bathroom, but I don't think it works... Anyway I never tried it, so I don't know.

I think I'm going to check my weight the first time I get back to my parents house (end of next week).

Anyway I live here since two years now and I never felt the urge to buy a working scale, so I don't think I'm gonna freak out now because I can't check my weight.

Quite the opposite I think having a scale at home right now I would check my weight every 5 minutes and get frustrate because of no weight loss, so I think I'm fine with my situation :)

How about you??

Love, Silvia

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Personally, I step on the scale every other day or so, but my official weigh day is Wednesday. I don't have a problem with what I am doing, only because I fully understand the joys of water retention and weight fluctations that differences don't get me down.
    If you think it will frustrate you then yeah, I wouldn't invest in a scale at home!
  • lovebunchy333
    Options
    Hey,

I am additcted to the scale. I have been weighing myself daily, so I had to make a change because I feel that it hinders my weight loss. So after my first week on MFP and my first offical weigh - in I asked my husband to hide the scale, which of couse he did. I think that you need weigh yourself in regulary to monitor you weight loss or wether or not you have hit a plateau. It helps me montior my food intake and my exercise, as I might have to change something to get better results. I continue to think of the scale each morning, but know not weighing myself daily is helping me stay on track and I am excited for my need offical weekly weigh-in (Monday). Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some recommend weekly, I myself prefer daily, after you pee in the morning, but before breakfast (a vente coffee weighs around a pound!). Weighing yourself over the day just measures what you take in and put out...won't give you an accurate idea of what your body is doing.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I like to weigh myself at the same time of my monthly cycle.
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Every morning, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat/drink anything.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options

Ditto!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day, but I record my weight on Friday. I used to be addicted to the scale and weigh 4-5 times a day. You just have to learn that your weight will fluctuate during the day, so don't let it upset or frustrate you. I have found the best time for me to weigh is in the morning before breakfast.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I weight myself every morning before eating. My Wednesday morning weight is what I take seriously though.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings, before consuming anything. I'm gonna try and not weigh for a couple weeks, though.
  • Golda90
    Golda90 Posts: 18
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Tuesday morning. I think Tuesday or Wednesday are the best times to way because it's enough time to recover from the and it doesn't seem to be as long as startng from a Monday or Friday.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Every day after my morning workout but before I eat breakfast. I record on Thursdays and that is the number I compare week over week. I am well aware of the daily fluctuations and water issues so daily weight changes do not bother me. I love to weigh the day after I have eaten Chinese for dinner to see how many "pounds" I have gained (LOL).
  • SanniHope
    SanniHope Posts: 23
    Options
    That's somehow masochistic, isn't it?? xD
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Every morning... as soon as I wake up.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    For a couple months I was doing it like once a month...I actually feel like I did worse in my diet during this couple of months as well.

Since I've gotten back on track I've been doing it almost daily...I only record 1 official weigh in per week though (on Sundays). But doing it everyday keeps me in the right frame of mind.

I think it's different for everyone though.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every 3 weeks. Thanks for the love, Sylvia.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale once a week and sometimes every other week. I do not want the scale to control me. I just eat right , workout and hope that my body is changing. Good luck on your journey :-)
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    They tell you not to do it too often, because you'll freak yourself out with natural, unavoidable variances in weight. I decided to take the opposite tack after going -up- after a week of hard exercise and healthy eating. I weighed myself several times a day, every day, until I had thoroughly convinced myself that the fluctuations were normal. Typically, now, though, I weigh myself when I wake up and after the gym. (I'll admit to a little bit of cherry picking on what weight I record here, though. It's typically the after-gym weight, which means I'm lacking a lot of water in my body at that point.)
  • mholmquist
    mholmquist Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on the 1st and the 15th in the mornings after I go to the bathroom and before I eat. And if either of those fall on the TOM I weight a couple of days due to water retention! :happy:
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options

Same here.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Me too. I record it every Friday.