Ladies - Fighting PMS Bloat/Plateau

Options
klalaw
klalaw Posts: 142 Member
Cravings and all that other fun stuff aside, how do you deal with the inevitable bloating, plateauing, or weight gain when you're PMS-ing? I weigh myself daily (yeah, I know I shouldn't), and I've seen that I tend to plateau or even gain a little the week before my period arrives. Do you drink more water, exercise more, cut back more on sodium, or just wait it out, knowing that you'll most likely get back on track within the week?

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't weight the week before because I know i'll gain
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Um, by not expecting to lose that week. Lol. Its part of life, I usually see the scale drop more the following week, so I figure the weight loss is just masked by the bloating. You can see a pretty consistent pattern in my weight loss over 28 days of sharp drop, gradual leveling, sharp drop, gradual leveling, etc.
  • shawna_h74
    shawna_h74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! I've been doing Body by Vi and eating properly and hitting the gym 5 days a week. I'm due to get AF this week and I'm up a pound a half on the scale!!! Last month I lost 4 lbs after AF left! Crazy! Would love some tips too!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank-you for posting this! And thanks to those who replied! I'm pretty new to this site and keeping track of everything. I am at the gym 6 days a week and MFP has been a great help to keep my calories/nutrition under control. I was a bit discouraged with this morning's weigh-in (once a week for me), but then I realized good ol' Mother Nature is having her fun. Ha!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem right now. AF is visiting me right now and I haven't lost the usual 2lbs I expected to see lost when I weighed myself this week...but I seem to vaguely remember from last month, once it left, i lost weight again all of a sudden.

but still...it's kind of discouraging to know that you've been putting a lot of work into exercise and eating right and not seeing the scale change (i know you shouldn't totally rely on what the scale says anyways..but still, it's nice to see the numbers dropping :)).

I hope when it goes I'll lose about 4lbs of whatever your body does during your period that makes you not lose weight (bloating and whatever else)!

I'm still eating the same and drinking the same amount of water and stuff - I haven't gained any weight but i haven't lost any either... here's hoping mother nature will fix it all once its done :).

Glad to hear i'm not alone!