eathing only 500 calories

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    oh, please consider increasing your calories at least by double. That is very dangerous to do continuously. Not to mention, you are causing permanent damage and losing lean muscle mass.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Is this a troll post?

My response out loud was "are you f-ing kidding me" with regards to the OP. SERIOUSLY!?! What is wrong with people!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi I was wondering the saem because I only eat 300 calrie pre dayz lulz! I does da cardyo and liff waits tree time par weak, but will dis hurtz ma gangz? I juss eat cellry an boo cheeze but don't won't ta b fat, lulz!

Liek if dis maek u cri evry tiem!

Troll post SUCCESSFUL!!!!
  • midkid123
    midkid123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes it's bad for your body and your brain function. Look how you spelled eating ;-D If you are exercising like you are, you need to at LEAST double your calories. You'll still lose weight, it'll just be safer, healthier and longer lasting. Good luck!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    500 calories a per day is fine......if you are a toddler.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lol, you ppl trolling asking about trolling?
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes...my sister was on the "Dr. Assisted Diet" with the B12 shot, Adipex, and 50 calorie a day limit. She was walking every day for at least 20 min. She dropped 55 lbs in 4 1/2 months. She is recovering from a mini-stroke right now. She had it a few days ago, at the age of 27!!!! Her Potassium level and Electrolytes were almost non-existentent. I would not advise you doing this, at all.

What type of doctor would assist in this type of diet?! 50 cals? No one can survive on that!

meant to say 500 calories..oops.

How scary! I'm glad she is recovering though- hope that her body can make a full recovery. I would file a complaint against that doctor if I was her!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Thanks for explaining "Troll Post"!! Why would people do that??? I don't get it!! :laugh: Ah well, I guess it takes allsorts!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is a case of that you need to feed the trolls.

trollface_eat_hot_dog_by_rukiexramen-d465r0g.jpg
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    500 calories is less than the average anorexia/EDNOS sufferer consumes on a daily basis.

So yes, it's bad.

^^^this.
    based on what you have to lose, set your goal on MFP to 1.5lbs per week, and eat ALL your calories, including exercise cals.
    I weigh 197 and lose 1.5 most weeks on 2000 cals (I exercise around 3000-3500 a week so average net is around 1550)

Your loss will be slower, but its seriously not healthy to lose 5lbs in 3 days, and at some point you will either develop an eating disorder or put it all back on.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imagining a normal person eating 500 calories on average, kind of wish your diary was open to view. I had gastric bypass about 3 weeks ago and I average 550 because I am still on liquids and soft (yogurt consistency) foods. Basically I can eat 4 ounces of food 5-6 times a day for example: I get a protein shake for breakfast, then a Greek yogurt, then a half cup of beans, then I eat an egg, then for dinner maybe a half cup of creamy soup with unflavored protein powder. If you are eating 3 times a day and eating fruits and veg and lean meat in normal portions you should be exceeding 500 easily. Maybe you need a new scale and are actually eating well and just measuring incorrectly? either way I'm glad to hear you are increasing your intake because it's just safer to lose weight at the rate of a pound or two a week through small deficit in calories and exercising then to try and lose it quick by being extreme.
    Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Egg Whites - Boiled, 2 large egg white (33g) 34 0 0 8
    Fresh Fruit - Banana , 7 " - 8" 105 27 0 1
    Blackberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 15 3 0 1
    Add Food Quick Tools 154 30 0 10
    Lunch
    Add Food Quick Tools
    Dinner
    Asparagus - Cooked, boiled, drained, 2 spears (1/2" base) 7 1 0 1
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 large 5 1 0 1
    Pc Organics (Canada) - Quinoa, 1/4 cup 170 31 3 5
    Vegetables - Green/Red/Yellow Bell Peppers , 0.25 cup 9 1 0 0
    Turkey - Extra Lean Ground, 0.25 cup cooked 60 0 1 13
    Ahron - Maple Sirup, 1 tbs 13 3 0 0
    Dempster's - 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slices (71 g) 90 17 1 4
    Large - Egg, 0.25 egg (53g) 18 0 1 2
    Add Food Quick Tools 372 54 6 26
    Snacks
    Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 526 84 6 36
    Your Daily Goal 1,445 198 48 54
    Remaining 919 114 42 18

That's one of my day...

You seem to be on the right track, but you do need more calories for sure (at least 1200 a day!). I totally understand the excitement of seeing the pounds come off fast, but in the long run, your body will thank you for feeding it properly! If you continue to eat so few calories, you will basically need to maintain that for the rest of your life in order to keep at that weight. It is a scary concept, to eat more to lose weight but it works! It will take a bit longer but it will stay off and you will be healthier in the end :) Try adding some snacks. I eat about 5 - 6 times a day. I also have huge vegetable portions. Don't be afraid to have a whole pepper! I sometimes eat 2-3 whole peppers for lunch cooked in a teriyaki sauce, or Old El Paso fajita seasoning (so high in sodium though, so I only use a bit...but I found low sodium stuff when I went back to Canada to visit!).

Ignore all those who are posting negative things to you. You are new to this and it is very overwhelming! I remember when I first started...I was scared to eat early in the day because I like my dinner to be my big meal! You are just looking for guidance, and there is nothing wrong with that! Welcome to the site and good luck!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Your doing your body more harm than good eating so little. Do it the healthy way or don't bother at all because it will get you no where in the long run. I've lost in total 84lbs by exercising and eating the calories I need too. Try it, and quit starving yourself.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    A long time ago, I was on a quest to lose about 60#. I did it through keeping my caloric intake between 900-1200 calories a day, and < 1 gram of fat. I was able to do so, lost the 60#, and have kept it off for almost 20 years. with occasional blips back up about 20 of those 60, slowly.. Eventually, I went into "alarm mode", dropped the necessary weight and am back to a better routine. The trick is maintenance, AFTER you lose the weight you are in quest of losing. That can be the more challenging part.
    500, the body goes into "starvation mode" and stores fat cells, but who knows what the proper amount of cals are. 1200 seems a good number, and you can eat a fair amount of good foods within that realm.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    NO, no, no. They're all wrong. Screw food all together, and just stick with water. It comes off WAY faster.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Is this a troll post?
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yikes....It's not good. The only time you can be on a diet like that is under a doctors care. You are going to hurt yourself or something worse. The weight will not stay off either!!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Question: If people are eating so few calories a day, then why do they need MFP? Just askin. sounds like they do not have a prob with food like a lot of us did. :) i was eating excess of 3000 cal a day before MFP. Now I gross 1700-2200 a day and my body does fine.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    um...yes. yes you will lose weight incredibly fast, but it comes back even faster. trust me. I was barely eating and lost 30 pounds in 2 months. then it all came back + more out of nowhere.

the lowest amount of calorie intake I think anyone should have is 1200.

^^This! and the Dr.s called me anorexic. I had an ED because it was all about losing weight fast, food was bad, eat less and less and less. Then I felt like crap and had no strength, I damaged my body, the one thing that will be with me for the rest of my life.
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "trolling" is saying something provocative just to get a reaction.
This discussion has been closed.