Why did I start to give up in May?

Options
Man, I lost all my motivation. Well, not all of it, I finally buckled myself together and decided that it's time to run through the finish line. I'm 5'7", 151-153 lbs, banana/ruler shaped.

Back in December I had started off around 167 lbs and through diet and exercise I've lost roughly 14 pounds. I want to lose 20 more and then I am done! Back in April, I took a video of myself in my "prime" work out days. My arms were very lean from lifting, and now for the past few months I've been slacking with gym and eating clean, and I took another video and my arms are flabby again.. it's sort of depressing.

If I get back into my exercise/eating regimen how long will it take for me to get those nice arms back? I leave for a beach trip on July 14th.. I'm wondering if this is possible to achieve in a month.

I really need to stop messing around. The whole point of this journey was to PREPARE for July, and here I am, about a month away, slacking so bad...

ugh.

Replies

• strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's over a month! Plenty of time to tone up again, if you start now. I've been doing some light strength training for two weeks, and my arms are noticeably firmer. Anyway, what do you have to lose by trying? :-)
  • Pipergirl2
    Pipergirl2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I felt the same way last month...was working really hard and then just seemed to crash and loose all my energy, but I'm back it now. Started back with the lifting for the arms and they seem to be progressing faster than before. Get back on the wagon...we can do it (my 40th birthday is July 15th) so that's my goal date!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    you can do this! just start today, focus on eating well, exercising, and you're sure to lose some weight in a month. that is 5 weeks! i think you can lose at least a few pounds by then. i have a similar situation, trying to lose the last 9 by our trip in august. i hope i can make it!
  • andreabrightside
    Options
    Regardless of how you look in July, it will be better than you look now.

It will come back faster now that you've shown that you can lose/gain it before. So who cares what you look like in 6 weeks, care how you feel and when you get back from your trip in July then you can get right back into it. And stick with it for the rest of your life :)
  • HHS93
    HHS93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing recently.. I keep thinking "oh I'll start it again hardcore next week.." (there's been about 3 next weeks..)

I've been feeling better though because I started a fashion blog which is helping my confidence.. check it out, it might motivate you :) (http://getmeoutmymind.blogspot.co.uk) If not, do what I'm doing and take a picture everyday! VERY motivating for me because I want them to look nice (there' photographic evidence if not!)