So excited I can't stand myself!

Options
I have to say that I am pretty excited. I haven't weighed in about two months but last night i weighed and I have lost a total of 20 pounds in two months with diet, exercise and a beautiful thing I know and love called my thyroid pill. My youngest son has been a great champion for his mom. At 13 he already gets it! He is my walking buddy. He put his arm around my shoulders (he's 6'4") and said I am proud of you mom. Yes I cried! But he gets that walking is a start....have to start somewhere!! Now it's an enjoyment.....I say I want to walk and he gets his shoes on....quality time with my son and get some much needed exercise too! Way Cool.

Replies

• sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ah, you practically brought tears to my eyes! Your son sounds amazing, well done to him and WELL DONE to you. Keep it up! :-)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is a wonderful story you have!!! And a wonderful son you have!!! Way to go momma!!!! :)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Your son sounds like a wonderful boy. I have a sweet wonderful boy too, its great to have their support! Keep up the good work!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    That is so awesome! I am happy for you. It's true, everyone has to start somewhere. And it's going to be easy for some and hard for others. Keep up the great work :)
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    I have to say that I am pretty excited. I haven't weighed in about two months but last night i weighed and I have lost a total of 20 pounds in two months with diet, exercise and a beautiful thing I know and love called my thyroid pill. My youngest son has been a great champion for his mom. At 13 he already gets it! He is my walking buddy. He put his arm around my shoulders (he's 6'4") and said I am proud of you mom. Yes I cried! But he gets that walking is a start....have to start somewhere!! Now it's an enjoyment.....I say I want to walk and he gets his shoes on....quality time with my son and get some much needed exercise too! Way Cool.

Congrats that is so awesome 20lbs down...you have a wonderful son I was nearly in tears when I read this post as well...thanks for sharing ;)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done to you, and your son sounds great :-)
  • imworthit52
    imworthit52 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a wonderfully sweet story. Keep up the great work & enjoy him:flowerforyou:
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Nice feedback, well done to you (and your son).
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    I know the feeling, my daughter walks with me, most of the time. Job well done.
  • stamoy
    stamoy Posts: 2
    Options
    I know you are excited, thats a great feeling. I wish I can get my 13 yr.old daughter to just go to the gym with me. Its a good thing i have a great gym partner. Congrats again, keep it up
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you have begun an amazing journey :happy:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love your story...brought a tear to my eye:bigsmile: Congrats on the 20 pounds! Well done!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    What a nice story! You're off to a great start! Congrats! Welcome to MFP!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm still stunned by being 6'4" at 13. :happy: Congrats on your progress!
  • 1MOMOISME
    1MOMOISME Posts: 25
    Options
    well then I won't even get into the size 15.5 shoes he's sporting!! :noway:
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great start to your journey and how lovely to hear of your supportive son.
  • ashleybucci23
    Options
    This is too sweet!!! Literally I teared up i think its so beautiful your son goes with you without question!!! If that isnt motivation I dont know what is!!! That is such a great support system!!! Congrats on the 20 pounds!!!!!!! Keep it going !!!!
  • nenazagal
    nenazagal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    awsome! way to go. keep it up!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a wonderful son! Congrats on your great progress.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou: