This is too funny...

Options
I had been faithfully wearing my heart rate monitor for each work after I (thought) programmed it with all of my information: ht., wt., age, & gender. I had been so amazed at the amount of calories I was burning w/ each workout. Depending on the workout it would be anywhere from 350 - 1100 calories. I ate, as much as I could accordingly, and lost weight. Yesterday, I finally decided to update the weight on my heart rate monitor which was 6 pounds less than I weighed when I first started using it and to my surprise the weight that I originally put in was in KG instead of pounds which had me at 233 pounds!!!!!. :noway: OMG. So with the new, correct weight put in, my calorie burn was approx 55% less than it had been before. Good thing is, even though I was eating above my calories, I still lost the weight and am actually below my goal.

Just thought I'd share.

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    glad u lost the weight!
    I have been thinking about getting a HRM myself but don't know the first thing about it. Like what kind to get, I really don't wanna spend a lot of money on one. Just need a basic one to tell me how much calories I burned. I don't kno what else it can or should do?
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    that is funny! glad it worked for you! :laugh: :wink:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    That's great that you lost weight anyway! Congrats. I'm doing awful at following my food diary and my weight isn't changing but my inches are. So, Keep up the great work!
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    LMAO!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!! GREAT STORY!
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have the sportline SX that comes with a chest strap. Got it from WalMart for less than $60.
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    glad u lost the weight!
    I have been thinking about getting a HRM myself but don't know the first thing about it. Like what kind to get, I really don't wanna spend a lot of money on one. Just need a basic one to tell me how much calories I burned. I don't kno what else it can or should do?

I have the sportline SX that comes with a chest strap. Got it from WalMart for less than $60.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's funny. I'm glad you lost weight anyway. Thanks for sharing. I need to update my hrm. hmmm, wonder if I did it correctly the first time. :laugh:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    lolol that is funny
    !

I gotta get me one of these heart rate monitors , the one that was suggested to me (the P6) you can't get in Canada! :explode: