Sports Bra Suggestions for the Overly Endowed?

Options
I'm a runner, and I have a larger chest. When I run now, I wear three sports bras to stop the bounce, but I feel that they constrict my breathing. I've been checking out suggestions from sites online, but I concerned about spending $70+ on a bra that I can't try on first. Any suggestions from other ladies with the same problem?

(Backgroun: When I ran with just one or two bras, I started to get really sharp pains in my breasts. It concerned me to the point that I went to the doctor. They said that I was tearing the Cooper's ligaments in the breast, which help support the breast tissue. So, this is why I don't want any bouncing at all. It's painful, and causing saggy boobs.)

Replies

• dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not that big but I'm a huge fan of this one: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra

While I was still breastfeeding, it provided excellent support and no uni-boob!!

Rachel
  • 1MOMOISME
    1MOMOISME Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a VERY large chest - they bounce when I walk! I have found a trick from my teenage daughter...... wear a regular bra that gives you great support under your sports bra. This keeps from getting the usual UNIboob and it gives that extra support that us ladies with larger chests need. It definitely helps with the wiggling jiggling and the bouncing....you may still have a little but not like you would otherwise. Try it and see if that helps.... I know it does me and Iam a very large DD.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    My suggesstion is to go to a Running Store if you can. They usually have fitting rooms where you can try them out. In New York City, we have Jack Rabbit. I also found this article from Self-Magazine. http://www.self.com/fitness/blogs/freshfitnesstips/2012/02/the-best-sports-bra-for-big-bu.html

Once you find brands that work for you, take note and then you can order them on-line.

Good Luck
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not that big but I'm a huge fan of this one: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra

While I was still breastfeeding, it provided excellent support and no uni-boob!!

Rachel

I have the same bra! I love it!
  • missemily1124
    Options
    I have the Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer. It's honestly amazing! Good luck in finding one that works for you.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    www.titlenine.com = they are a bit on the expensive side but they best fitting, supportive bra's I've ever had in my life. The Donna Karan one especially NO MOVEMENT whatsoever of the girls.
  • amandarae21
    Options
    When I was in the Army, during basic training, we used to wear two bras...either a regular one underneath, or just two sports bras. Also make sure they are the right size. If they are too tight, it isn't going to work, but you don't want them to be too lose either!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Check out this clip from Self Magazine.

http://www.self.com/fitness/2012/05/best-sports-bras-slideshow#slide=1

My day-to-day bra is an "F" cup, and I wear the Fiona by Moving Comfort for any type of exercise - cardio, sports, and weight training. IT has adjustable straps that I tighten to run, then loosen a bit to weight train. No underwire, which I like, and great support.
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options
    http://www.citysports.com/Moving-Comfort-Juno-Bra---Womens/188093/product

I use Juno by Moving Comfort it keeps me strapped down. I used to wear two sports bras but this particular bra keeps my girls in strict control so now when I use this bra it's the only one I need.
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to do the regular bra + flimsy sports bra over top thing, but found it uncomfortable and I still felt ridiculous to be walking-let alone jogging or running-anywhere with my G cup girlies! I finally caved and bought the Enell I had read many reviews on from here: http://www.herroom.com/enell-100-sports-bra.shtml

It is one ugly bra and can seem a bit tight at first (it will loosen up), but it seriously gets the job done--I don't even think about my girls when working out now. They are a bit expensive but worth it to me...I recently bought a second one. My advice, if you are buying online, is to just find a site with a really good return policy so that if it doesn't work out once you try it on, you can return it hassle free and try something else.

Good luck finding one that works! :)
  • Zkinkel
    Zkinkel Posts: 13
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has pretty good bra's that dont give you a uniboob but have great support... I usually use one like that with a shirt that has a sports bra in it.... I know it sucks to feel constricted but some times you just have to suck it up to get that workout in! I feel your pain though...
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    The enell sport bra. Been using their bras for running for 8 years.
  • Shawna_L
    Shawna_L Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Fiona bra by Moving Comfort is fabulous. Mine still look like new even after several years of workouts and machine washing.
  • countesscresta
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for all of the suggestions. It just so happens that I'll be in NYC next weekend, so I think I'm going to try some on at a running store. (They're not so readily available in Cleveland, and the ones that do exist don't have a huge selection.)

Thanks again for all of the suggestions!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Im going to order one from Title Nine.

Im a 38 DD in my regular bras.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for all of the suggestions. It just so happens that I'll be in NYC next weekend, so I think I'm going to try some on at a running store. (They're not so readily available in Cleveland, and the ones that do exist don't have a huge selection.)

Thanks again for all of the suggestions!

There are three Jack Rabbits in the city: 1255 Lexington Avenue, (East 85th Street) 212) 727-2981; 140 West 72 (Between Columbus Ave & Amsterdam) (212) 727-2982; and the one I go to, 42 West 14th Street (Between 5th and 6th Avenue) (212) 727-2980.

The first time I went there I was very surprised to see that you had to sign-up and wait for someone to fit you for your running shoes. They really knew what they were doing. I also love there selection of socks.

I know they also have a store in Brooklyn, but I don't know where it is, and I live in Brooklyn :ohwell: but I work in Manhattan.

Enjoy your stay.
  • Jean424
    Jean424 Posts: 1
    Options
    I completely understand your issues. I have gone through the same "running pains" and finally found a bra I LOVE! I even ran my first marathon with my DDD breasts and had no problem. It did cost $60, but it is so worth it not to have to bounce while wearing 3 bras. The only bra I will ever by from now on is by Enell. I bought mine online, and luckily it fit, though I think it is pretty easy to return them and switch sizes. I like the bra so much I actually wrote an article about it, so you can check it out for more detailed information if you would like. I hope this helps and that you can run pain-free. Here it is:
    http://jeanrogers.hubpages.com/_n0zpn4if1toc/hub/The-Best-Sports-Bra-for-Large-Breasts
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Try the Moving Comfort Fiona bra... I'm a 34DD runner and wear this all the time! No need to fight to pull it over your head and it keeps everything in place. I buy mine at RoadRunnerSports.com, but they're also available at TitleNine.com, in running stores, etc.

Happy running!

(edit) - I just remembered that they're also available at SierraTradingPost.com... good price if they have it in your size!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what size are you ?
    for up to DDD, tata tamer, under armor, champion and moving comfort are great. i imagine goddess and elomi would also be good at these sizes for high impact since they're only for medium-low impact at larger sizes

for anything over that enell and shock absorber.

if you're in NYC then definitely go to linda's on the upper east side. they are the BOMB when it comes to fitting tig ole bitties. they usually have a good selection of sports bras

by the way i'm an H/I cup, have been exercising including running for years have tried every single sports bra in my size and enell and shock absorber are hands the BEST.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    I LOVE my Shock Absorber. It holds me better than any other sports bra I have ever had. It also does not give you a "uniboob". I wear a 38DDD in my regular bra so I bought the same size and it fits perfect. It is endorced by Martina Naver.....ova. You know , the tennis player. I have several. My fav has a clip at my sholder blades which gives it even more support. You can buy them on ebay for about 50.