Starting over...again

Options
I have joined a group at work and we have 8 people that are working on a 15 week weight loss program. I have been a member for a very long time and seem to get on and off the wagon. I have a very hard time losing weight. For the most part I have been the same weight for about 3 years. I had lost about 20lbs prior to joining and thought I could lose the rest on my own. That did not happen. I changed my profile today to reflect the scale we are using for the office club. It makes me a little heavier but that is ok. I would love to add some friends to my account . Perhaps if I have someone to share my accomplishments and down falls with I will stick with it. I am not bad when it comes to food selection, I am however bad when it comes to exercise. the hard part I find is consuming carbs. I seem to store every carb I eat. I could use all the support you can offer!

Replies

• freem467
    freem467 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello,
    Feel free to add me, I just got started but I am training for a half marathon and will hopefully be logging lots of exercise!
    Exercise is really addicting once you get started, mind over matter!
  • chunkybum28
    Options
    Hi, im kel... currenlty struggling to lose them last few lbs... :( id be greatful of any encouragement... Pls add me :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I've started over again too...and do the same as you...on again, off again...I'm a summer dieter/exerciser, it seems.

I seem to be the queen of yo yo dieters lol

Welcome to the club :) Feel free to add me :)

Good luck with your weight loss program. Your co-workers can be a big help and inspiration too.
  • charlyelyn
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy, I just joined the other day and didn't do so well with my calorie intake yesterday, I was over quit a bit but I am doing better today. I too thought I could loose the weight on my own but nothing seems to work, I do well for a week or two and then I just go back to my old habits. Hopefully this website will help me out. I don't know how this all works yet but if there is a chat on here or a way to communicate please feel free.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    duplicate post:grumble:
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I need to start again and would love to have some companions,

Another queen of the yo-yo here! I can't tell you how many lbs I've lost and gained over the last 15-20 years!!!
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well. Always good to have some cheering and cheer others on their achievements :) Support is the key!
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy, I just joined the other day and didn't do so well with my calorie intake yesterday, I was over quit a bit but I am doing better today. I too thought I could loose the weight on my own but nothing seems to work, I do well for a week or two and then I just go back to my old habits. Hopefully this website will help me out. I don't know how this all works yet but if there is a chat on here or a way to communicate please feel free.

Hi Amy - welcome and good luck!
    If you add friends you can communicate back and forth on a smaller scale thru your individual home page.
    You can always ask questions to the general community thru these message boards.
    You are welcome to add me as a friend.
    Mary
    kiwipez
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me!
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hi im joy im 46 nearly 47 , ive always been slightly overweight , even when i was younger , i wasn un healthy and i did lots of exercise , danced , u name i did it in my 20's also had a quite active job lifting etc i worked in a factory so always busy busy went out alot clubbing etc , did areobics , step aerobics, keep fit , yoga which i loved and did for 9 years, then around the age of 27 ish started feeling ill joints kept flaring up by this time i had changed jobs a few times and working in a supermarket as a supervisor hated it doing lots of hours was awful , then age of 30 got diagnosed with rhematoid arthritis went down hill from then out went the exercise kept the yoga up , but nothing else ive had 2 operations one on shoulder 5 years ago and one on my foot january this year , i gave up smoking as well january 2011 , i put on nearly 2 st not good ive managed to lose 1 stone , im stuck again ive been writing in the food diary on here since monday so hopefuly ill start to lose the weight im on a lot of medications which may stop me losing but i can try fingers crossed started a bit of exercise again ,,, and ill be going back to work soon ive been of since jan 2012 dont no if ill manage only time will tell ..... on my food diary im under the calories do i need to eat what it says or is what im doing ok any help on that would be great xx:explode: