Exercise, Nutrition, and Weight Loss

Options
I have a question and need some help. I am stuck and get under 300lbs for some time now. I'm fairly active as I play competitive softball 2 nights a week in men's leagues as well as weekend tournaments and I work out 4-6 times a week burning an average of 1250-1400 calories per workout and my calorie intake is at about 2200 calories every day. My workout routine changes constantly so it doesn't get stagnant and my body doesn't adjust to it and I've been playing with my calorie intake to try and get my metabolism going but nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    how much do you eat, and what sort of food ?
  • ifeeldizzynow
    ifeeldizzynow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm eating chicken, fish, beef and it's either grilled, baked, or broiled. I'll have a protein shake in the mornings just after my work out, oatmeal for mid morning snack, lunch (usually brown rice, grilled chicken, and veggies) then 25 almonds and an apple or orange for mid afternoon snack and dinner which is usually veggies, beef/chicken/or fish. I don't drink soda and I stay away from candy with the exception of maybe once a week I'll have a fun size piece of chocolate to calm the craving.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    have you totalled up a day's protein ? At 2200 your calorie intake ought to be a good deficit to your expenditure, how far up and down from that have you gone.
  • ifeeldizzynow
    ifeeldizzynow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My protein intake is between 170-200 g a day. I've done down to 1700 calories and up to 2600 calories. I tried calorie cycling and went down 6 lbs but then it stopped working and been going up to 311lbs and back down to 307lbs depending on the day.
  • aromellc
    aromellc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had the same issues and went to http://pathwaygenomics.com to have his DNA mapped by his phisician. He tried for years to lose weight and for some reason he simply couldn't get the right balance of nutrition and exercise. He simply had is Dr. get the kit and he submitted a saliva sample. Within weeks he had all the answers he needed. Now he is losing weight and building muscle like never before. It's no joke. Tell Pathway that Anthony Rome with Echelon Media sent you and they'll take care of you :) I was once 230 lbs. and it took years to slim down. I only wish I knew of this technology a long time ago. Good luck!