Dieting and Alcohol

Options
Quick question.. As im dieting I have stoped going out much and drinking. My friends birthday is coming this weekend and I deff. want to have a good time with her and have a couple of drinks. What drink would be the least in calories and what have you guys done in the past?? Please help i dont want to gain any lbs :( since im doing so well right now. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• drmarctagon
    drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Avoid things like daiquiris or frozen drinks. Any hard liquor is pretty safe from a caloric perspective.

Add an orange, cranberry, or pineapple juice chaser and you have a few nutrients. Light beer or wine is good too.

But, like anything else, moderation is still important.

My advice: Drink whatever you like if you're going to imbibe but no more than one or 2 small drinks.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Another trick is get a bottle and nurse it.
  • kkrier
    kkrier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to drink water between drinks! I like to go with a preset limit in my mind and try to stick with that.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    I know it's not the the best habit in the world, but I like to leave a few hundred calories at the end of the day if I'm going to be drinking that night.
    If you're a person that doesn't have a strong stomach or doesn't take alcohol lightly, then it's not for you.
    But just sharing what I do.
  • AmoureInfinity
    AmoureInfinity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I still drink but mainly frozen drinks. Cordina To Go cocktails has a Classic Lime Margarita that's only 80 calories plus as someone stated you can find light/lite beer or wine. Just be mindful of your empty calories.
  • angel_marcelle
    angel_marcelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and diet soda is pretty low in calories...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Interesting article regarding alcohol and fat loss. The guy that wrote it is pretty respected.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Voka and ice very low in calories
  • jillp99
    jillp99 Posts: 8
    Options
    vodka water and lime!
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Interesting article regarding alcohol and fat loss. The guy that wrote it is pretty respected.

Made my day!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Cherry vodka & diet 7up, gingerale or sparkling water.
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    save some calories during the day by eating light and low cal. the liquor store does have "skinny girl" products, they are pretty low cal and taste good, good luck and hope you have fun.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniels - 78cals per shot