just in!

Options
I am trying to lose lots of weight, and thought this might be the right place to be. havent had much luck with weight loss or support in the past, but this time is it!

63958.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• kjs104
    kjs104 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it with myfitnesspal..It is the best guide to healthy weight loss!! Congrats and work hard for what you want!!:bigsmile:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think this site is better than WW.
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place!:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    If you want to get in better shape you've come to the right place. This is a great tool that will work wonders. Just take a look at the before and after thread - and remember that the folks with huge successes are just like you, they just started a little earlier. You can do it too, and you will, I just know it.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 10 months now and we've done well.

You can do it too
  • PatB52
    PatB52 Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome! Finding MFP has been a great help in my journey of losing weight and getting healthier. Logging my food here is so much easier than keeping a paper log, especially because of the incredible food database. It does take committment, but you can do it.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    thanks all! glad to be welcome!!