Finally starting to see results! (PICS!!)

Options
So I've only been at this since February, and I'm going pretty slow and steady so that I can maintain after I reach my goal. I've tried many times before to get in shape, and I lost like 10 pounds and was all excited, but then I got side tracked and it all went downhill again (I have a real problem with follow through!)

I'm 5'6" (and a half!) and started at 163lbs. As of today I am at 140! I have not met my goal of 125 yet, and honestly I don't really care if I get all the way to 125 because as soon as I look and feel good about myself then I'll consider myself finished. I still have alot of work to do on my tummy, butt and thighs!

Anyway, I wanted to post up some pics now that I feel like there is a noticeable change (even though it's small)

Feb-May.jpg

feb-mayfront-1-1.jpg

Replies

• riverabeth
    riverabeth Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great! At first I only saw the first two pictures & thought there was a very noticeable difference, but after seeing the third pic., AMAZING:)
  • aallen8599
    aallen8599 Posts: 73
    Options
    I think it's a big change! WTG! You should be really proud of yourself. That's a lot in just a couple months. :flowerforyou:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that you call your progress/change "small"... do you not see the progress I'm seeing on these pictures?
    I see a big change and to have that kind of improvement in just a few months is something you should be proud of! You are obviously putting the effort, but you also need to recognize progress.

Be proud, toot your horn and keep it up! :)
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Thanks! I am really proud of myself, mostly because I know now that if I can lose 20 pounds, then I can definitely do more! I've always had low self esteem, but I've been feeling better and better about myself lately and I can't wait to wear a bikini hopefully before the end of summer!
  • maxiechild
    maxiechild Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratz!...great transformation, you look fantastic :)
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Yeah, I would also not call that a "small" change. You look fantastic! Great job!

We are the same height, I hope I can look half that good at some point?
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Off to stalk your profile for tips now...
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    Sweet! That's a very noticeable change!!! Keep on pushing!!!
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    WOW great job...keep pushing u can reach that goal :happy:
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good job, you can totally see the change in your posture.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It's very noticeable, great job!
  • Stringy1121
    Stringy1121 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are looking great!! Did you just stick to the calories counting or did you incorperate exercise as well? I am like you I will lose 10 lbs get all excited then get sidetrack and gain 15 lbs!! (what happened in this last case) I was down to 172 then gained to 186 now Im at 181 and beating myself up cause I could have been in the 160's by now.. This time I am doing it slow and easy so I can maintain too!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!! you are looking good girl!!! :drinker:
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can totally see it!! Good for you!!
  • Mollysax10
    Options
    Hey Dawn i have Arta and Ericka standing behind me and we are ewwing and gooing over your pics. They both said they are sooo proud of you...way to go!!!!!
  • virionoftomorrow
    Options
    thats amazing!! you should definitely be proud of what you've accomplished. the change is very noticeable :)
  • _AalexisA_
    _AalexisA_ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Way to go! You are looking great!! Did you just stick to the calories counting or did you incorperate exercise as well? I am like you I will lose 10 lbs get all excited then get sidetrack and gain 15 lbs!! (what happened in this last case) I was down to 172 then gained to 186 now Im at 181 and beating myself up cause I could have been in the 160's by now.. This time I am doing it slow and easy so I can maintain too!!

I count calories and log everything I eat. At first I started with 1200 calories, then upped it to 1300 after 2 months. I'm usually not hungry throughout the day because I pretty much snack constantly. I also either do 30 Day Shred a couple times a week or go jogging for at least a mile. In May I started lifting weights and I try to do some strength training 2-3 times a week.
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Hey Dawn i have Arta and Ericka standing behind me and we are ewwing and gooing over your pics. They both said they are sooo proud of you...way to go!!!!!

Ahhh OMG Becky! I can't believe you all are looking! :embarassed:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!