Another FT4 question

I love my FT4, I just want to make sure I am using it to the best of it's capabilities. Some people have said that you can change settings on it...... This way it is more accurate when switching from something high impact to lower impact like lifting. I went to the polar website and all I could find was the instructions that came with it. There is nothing about changing settings in that booklet. So, can you change the settings on a Polar FT4? If not do you rely on it to be accurate doing any form of exercise? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 749 Member
    IF I am not mistaken the Polar FT4 is a HRM or heart rate monitor that measured burned calories by your heat rate and time therefore I am pretty sure you do not need to change settings on the watch because the "high" and "low" impact you are talking about is negligible therefore there is no need for it.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    They are most likely referring to adjusting your weight/age settings to compensate for these different types of exercise, rather than a built-in function that is available on the device.
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    That is what I thought as well, but the first time I wore it it way overcalculated for a 60 min walk. It said almost the same as when I jog or go the elliptical for an hour. A few people said if you adjust the settings it would be more accurate for low impact things like walking. Just looking for clarification.