Scale Won't Budge

I have been on MFP for about 2 months..I've lost 2 lbs. I am trying to lost that last 10-15 lbs. I am getting extremely frustrated because I track as well as work out. I don't eat junk food whatsoever and I'm pretty active. Any helpful hints, ideas and thoughts would be appreciated!!

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Open your diary so we can help.
  • jboyadjis
    jboyadjis Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem. I haven't lost anything. This thing says I should have lost quite a bit by now. I would recommend doing more walking, because it is easy and not too stressful. But then again, I haven't accomplished anything in 6 weeks
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    I have been on MFP for about 2 months..I've lost 2 lbs. I am trying to lost that last 10-15 lbs. I am getting extremely frustrated because I track as well as work out. I don't eat junk food whatsoever and I'm pretty active. Any helpful hints, ideas and thoughts would be appreciated!!

There is so much advice on the boards, the best way to start, is to just search the forums and see if you can find specific topics that match what you're looking to do. Eat Stop Eat, Low Carb vs High Protein, etc..etc...lots of ways to achieve your goals...take a quick look and reply back if you find something....or can't find anything.....

quick tip...the scale doesn't show everything...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    And get ready Ash... I predict you're about to get swamped in 'you're not eating enough' posts. read them with an open mind... they may be right. But yep, you gotta open your diary first.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    I just got through a 10 week plateau. I still lost inches tho so hang in there if you are working out hard and eating right it will come off. My recent loss was 6kg after this plateau. Good luck
  • Deblou901
    Deblou901 Posts: 1
    According to the Weight of the Nation documentary when you drop weight your body is much more efficient so it takes more effort to continue to move the scale further down for those last few lbs. I think this is where you have to change your workout to something that uses different muscle groups. Also keep checking your inches lost during these last few lbs because you may see results there that will help you stay encouraged while you figure out what will move you past this stagnet point. Good Luck! I hope to be in your shoes soon!
  • Iweigh139
    Iweigh139 Posts: 8
    The scale didn't budge when I first started working out. The reason for me was because I was getting back into shape and building muscle, which weighs more than fat. I didn't gain weight, but I also did not see any change in the scale for about 9 months. I also was not tracking my caloric intake during this time period. I realized much later that I was definitely eating more when I was burning more calories because I was hungry! It is definitely easier to lose weight when using this program to track everything I eat or drink. The trick is to keep the weight off. I don't seem to be able to do that without keeping the food diary. It keeps me honest. One thing that has been a great benefit to me is to keep my measurements. I lost several inches during the time period that I was getting toned up. I went down a size in my jeans and didn't lose a single pound. That is always encouraging. Hang in there. The scale will start to move eventually.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Instead of the obligatory "open your diary" and "you aren't eating enough" responses that I'm sure you'll get, I'll take a different approach...

Congratulations! At your current rate of success, you'll reach your goal in 8-13 months. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be there in about a year. I'd guess this is at least slightly less than the amount of time it took to put those 10-15 pounds on, so I'd call that a success story.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member

Instead of the obligatory "open your diary" and "you aren't eating enough" responses that I'm sure you'll get, I'll take a different approach...

Congratulations! At your current rate of success, you'll reach your goal in 8-13 months. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be there in about a year. I'd guess this is at least slightly less than the amount of time it took to put those 10-15 pounds on, so I'd call that a success story.

I second that, any loss that stays off is good...if you could see 8-13 months to get where you want to be, is that so bad?