I finally had my BMR tested and was told to EAT MORE!

Options
So I have been on this weight loss journery since Aug 2011. By my scale, I have lost about 27 lbs (average of 3lbs a month). I went from being a cardio queen to lifting heavy weights about 10 weeks ago and although my body has drastically changed and my jean size has gone down 2 sizes, my weight is the around the same ( I still need to lose about 40 to weigh in the 150s at 5'7") I eat clean about 85% of the time and when I calculated out my calories before I was told to eat more- I averaged around 1600-2000. I do workout 6 days a week because I want to reach my goal ! I was told to eat around 2400 cal/day..............so how long do I do this before just freaking out about the scale going up? Or just go with it? It feels so weird to eat this much! Thanks in advance for any comments.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    so what was the BMR measured at ?
  • WWCGamble
    WWCGamble Posts: 2
    Options
    3400 if I wanted to stay my weight of 191! So factor in my activity level and they came up with 2400. It just doesnt seem possible to me, but eating the lower amount has me at a stand still.
  • Justin031811
    Options
    Try dropping your carbs and increasing your protein for a week. This will break your plateau.
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like 3400 is you're TDEE (what you burn each day including your activity), not your BMR(what you'd burn in a coma basically). So by eating 2400 you'd have a 1000 calorie deficit each day (-2lbs/week).

It does sound right, I am 5'6/5'7 and 158-ish and I just raised my calories to average 2000/day. You can look for the group "eat more to weigh less" on here.. It really explains everything better than I can!