Bodybuilding help

Options
Hey

My goal is to be able to enter a bodybuilding comp next year, I spend all my free time reading about it and i really do love it. I train 6 days a week in the gym and I think my training is pretty spot on. I have done a bulking phase and now just want to cut so I am nice and lean. I know once I am I will want to bulk again to be bigger but I want to cut now to see results.
Can anyone advise me on my diet as I eat clean but I feel like my stomach isn't getting any smaller!
xx

Replies

• sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    Hey,

Best of luck. I have been able to cut very well using the program outlined from Lane Norton.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    To lose fat all you really need is a calorie deficit, eating clean is relatively unimportant. That said, a lot of "unclean" foods are high sodium, which can cause water retention, and have not as much nutritional value, which is obviously great for overall health, so I can see the benefit of eating well.

It may be that your stomach (like mine) is one of the last places you lose fat from, you can't really help that, and just have to be patient, it will come from there in time :) How much did you gain, and how much have you lost so far (what is your target?) I know how hard cutting can be, but it will all be worth it in the end (I hope) I'd planned on being at my goal by now, maintaining until Sept, then bulking again. It's going to be a push just to reach my goal by then though it seems!
  • tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    6 days is alot. You need some rest for your body to recover as well. I wouldn't go over 5 days.

What does your routine look like?

You basically need to eat at least 500 cals over with at least 35%P/45%C/20%F for bulking. I'd go 300 cals under for cutting maybe, adding more protein and less carbs. Let's say 40P/40C/20F, sticking to VERY lean meat and getting fats from good sources like flaxseed, canola etc.

Everyone is different though.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    The best investment you'll ever make if you want to actually compete and win is hiring a competition coach. They will be able to put a meal plan together for your, adjust as necessary, and keep you on track through your prep.
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'd love to enter a competition one day... but first I need to lose weight :cry: ..... I'm working on it thou
    Good luck on your training!! :smile:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your quest...squash the competition hehehe