Hi there! :)

Options
My name's Bethany, I'm 29 years old with 2 boys, and Fibromyalgia. My condition has left me almost paralyzed some days, and it's come to my attention recently that I need to make some serious lifestyle changes in order to feel better finally.

My sister and I are going to be working out together, which will be great for both of us. She introduced me to this program and I'm very excited about using it! :)

Replies

• aubrielle84
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Sissy :flowerforyou:
  • vyxie
    vyxie Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks chica!~! :D
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is one of the best websites out there. Everyone here is so nice and supportive and the food logging is fantastic. If you keep with it, you will reach your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure you will enjoy the site! There is a lot of great advice and everyone is so supportive!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here and I hope you find it as helpful as I have!
    Tami
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My beloved (late) mother-in-law suffered from fibromyalgia, so you have my sympathy and admiration! Bless her heart, she was not willing to change her lifestyle much, and she just continued to suffer. Fibromyalgia was not her cause of death, but it definitely reduced her quality of life. Congratulations on taking the first step toward feeling better. You will love this website!

Please pipe up anytime you need some support and encouragement. Lots of good folks are here for u!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will do great here (I have MS) and even with certain physical limitationd I have been having success with losing weight :smile: You will find lots of Ideas and encouragment here. :flowerforyou:
    Pam
  • vyxie
    vyxie Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the kind words and support! :)

dartboarddiva - I'm very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law... This disease is nothing to mess with, and the more we learn about it, the more we realize that while it may not kill someone by itself, it is definitely a factor in a lot of people's lives, as far as (like you mentioned) their quality of life is concerned.

Luckily, before I was diagnosed 7 years ago, I led a pretty active lifestyle and know that once I get back into the swing of things, it should be easier. Having my hands full with the kids all day, and with FMS, I'm afraid that I'll falter a lot faster than I would've before. This website is definitely keeping me more motivated. :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My name's Bethany, I'm 29 years old with 2 boys, and Fibromyalgia. My condition has left me almost paralyzed some days, and it's come to my attention recently that I need to make some serious lifestyle changes in order to feel better finally.

My sister and I are going to be working out together, which will be great for both of us. She introduced me to this program and I'm very excited about using it! :)

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on reaching your goals!