pumpkin seeds are So healthy for you!!!

Options
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=82

This link has wonderful information on whats in side pumpkin seeds and how good they are for you!!!

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin seeds, but you can also roast any squash seed! Butternut is very good too
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was watching "The Doctors" at the gym this morning and they were all talking about their favorite healthy foods and pumpkin seeds were one of them!

They were one of several foods that can boost your immune system.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I never knew you were supposed to take off the shell when I was a kid!
  • BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

You're supposed to take the shell off?! I've been eating sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds with the shell on this whole time >.<
  • MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options

You're supposed to take the shell off?! I've been eating sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds with the shell on this whole time >.<

Yeah... me too... no wonder why it hurts when they come out... (Sorry really graphic.) :blushing:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    You should also try sunflower seeds, they are super healthy! Either incorporate it into your salads, blend it with Avocado for dressing, or simply snack on it!

See below :)

Sunflower seeds can be essential to a healthy diet. They contain many vitamins and minerals and poly and monounsaturated fats. Approximately 90 percent of the fat found in sunflower seeds is unsaturated fat that may help to lower bad cholesterol and help to maintain the good cholesterol in your body.

Vitamin E
    Sunflower seeds contain are rich in vitamin E. Organic nutritionists consider it to be the best whole food source of this vitamin as an ounce of sunflower seeds contain 76 percent of the recommended daily allowance.

Selenium
    There is 31 percent of the recommended daily allowance of selenium in one ounce of sunflower seeds. Selenium helps protect your cells from damage.

Copper
    One ounce of Sunflower seeds contains 25 percent of the recommended daily allowance of copper. Copper helps carry oxygen to your red blood cells.

Protein
    Almost 12 percent of the recommended daily allowance of protein is found in one ounce of sunflower seeds. Protein helps your body repair and maintain tissues.

Folate
    One ounce of sunflower seeds contains 17 percent of the recommended daily allowance of folate. Folate helps your body's cells manufacture the building blocks of life: DNA and RNA.

Zinc
    At least 10 percent of the recommended daily allowance for zinc can be found in one ounce of sunflower seeds. Zinc helps the body with healing and helping you fight infections.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    anyone have any good suggestions for roasting them? ie - directions?