Confused!

bunnyr
bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day which I have been doing regularly. However, today I ate 24 more carbs and 4 more protein than I was allowed. Does this influence my weight loss? How does this ratio of carb/fats/ proteins influence my weight loss if I am eating the right number of calories and exercising? Too many questions - I'm sorry. Any sage advice?

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day which I have been doing regularly. However, today I ate 24 more carbs and 4 more protein than I was allowed. Does this influence my weight loss? How does this ratio of carb/fats/ proteins influence my weight loss if I am eating the right number of calories and exercising? Too many questions - I'm sorry. Any sage advice?
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Care killed cat.

Was the idom was this or something like this. But for sure it will put you under lot of stress for worrying about few micro slippages. If you really want to be that sharp, get active. Join gym and on any day if you have gone over, just put some extra mintues on the cardio.

Goodluck, anyway I love cats ;)
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    I've been curious about the answers to those questions too. (I'm 17 over on protien today!) I can't help much, but in my opinion 24 carbs and 4 protein over is pretty darn close to your target. I wouldn't worry too much about such minor overages in your recommended intake.
  • JuliaKia
    JuliaKia Posts: 11
    I've wondered about this as well. I found a couple of interesting articles on the subject of how to eat around an exercise schedule, which you may find interesting:

From the Mayo Clinic:
    Eating and exercise: Time it right to maximize your workout
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ00594_D

And from MSN health:
    Should You Eat Before or After Exercise?
    http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100146039
    (I thought what she had to say about the post-exercise "metabolic window" was really interesting. I've started taking a little peanut butter sandwich with me to the gym - one piece of super-whole-wheat dark bread sliced in half with about 1.5 T of reduced fat peanut butter, about 230 calories)
This discussion has been closed.