I need energy for running ASAP!

Options
I have been running for months and months now, only a handful of times I was able to run 3 miles, I can usually drag myself to do 2 miles, but its really hard. I have never been a big breakfast person, but whatever I need to do to get more energy to make a longer stronger run! Any ideas...

Replies

• TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    On days where I'm tired I have one of those 5-hour energy drinks. Not the sugar/carb filled energy drinks but those little 2 oz bottles that don't come with all the extra garbage. I find it really helps but I wouldn't recommend it daily, once the body gets used to something it tends to need it and the benefit disappears.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I just had a big ole spoon of peanut butter and a bottle of water, now I'm off for a run. Hope this helps me!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I eat the kids Cliff bars (Z-bars). For anything longer than 3 miles I carry Cliff Shots for added energy while out on the road.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had been dragging for a while and can't take any caffeine or guarana so I got a liquid B complex vitamin and the difference was immediate! the instructions say to take an extra dropperful before you go on a run, etc.

Also, because the B vitamins help convert fat into energy, this may also help in weight loss. And no, you can't get an overdose because it's water soluble like vitamin c; whatever you don't use, you wee out..:tongue:
  • jmeriano
    jmeriano Posts: 35
    Options
    I use GU energy gel packs, I can run for 45 minutes to 1 hour with those.
  • fordwilson89
    Options
    I use an all natural energy drink called EMV. Its pretty new, I just found out about it on the web. It tastes great, and gives me an impressive boost of energy when I need it. Check it out on the web.

www.the-team.biz/mv993452

Good luck!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    A banana always works well for me. It doesn't bother my tummy and the carbs are good for energy!
  • fordwilson89
    Options
    I use an all natural energy drink called EMV. Check it out on the web.

www.the-team.biz/mv993452 or there's a direct link to the product at

http://www.the-team.biz/mv993452/TheProduct/TheBlend/MonaVieEnergyDrinkEmv/tabid/250/Default.aspx

and you can buy it right through that site if interested.

I do my workout in the late evening so I've never tried it for breakfast, but try it out. Works great for me.

Good luck!