30 Day Shred Questions

Options
My DVD is coming in the mail today. I got it for $6 on Amazon.
Does anyone know how many calories it burns so I can log it on MFP?
Am I supposed to do the entire DVD or just a 20 minute workout when getting started?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Not sure about calorie burn, as it varies from person to person. If you don't have a HRM I would log it as Circuit Training in MFP's database.

You should start with the Level 1 workout - it's about 20 minutes and goes quick! Don't push yourself too hard if you haven't been doing any exercise before this - it will make you VERY sore! I learned the hard way. :tongue: Use light hand weights (3lbs or less) or no weights at all for some of the moves if it's a real strain. Your strength will increase quickly, but it's a shock to the muscles at first (I had to take three days off after my first 30DS workout because I was SO sore).

Have fun! It's a great workout and once I got through the initial pain of the first week, I was thrilled with how quickly my strength, endurance and flexibility improved.
  • sewcute
    sewcute Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I googled it, and I believe it was 500 for someone at 180 for an hour.

When I did the twenty Min I put in like 180 for my calories.

If you could do the whole DVD GO YOU! I felt like I was dying after first 20 minutes!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It is meant to be done 1 level for 10 days 2nd level for 10 days and 3rd level for 10 days. Approximately 20-23 minutes with warm up and stretches at end. I have 3lb weights and on day 5 of level 1 and its kicking my *kitten*. i weigh 171 and I am burning around 215-220 calories for 20 minutes. I have a HRM so mine varies each day.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM, you can log it as circuit training in the DB, I'm about 100lbs (I was doing it for exercise a few days a week, not following the program or trying to lose, I'm actually a gainer, but I like it cause its a short program) but I was burning around 230-240ish average.

Tigerlily explained the program well, though I think you can also have a rest day once a week too.

Loved level 1, but 2 and 3 were not as enjoyable IMO!
  • rainbowbandit
    rainbowbandit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tried to last night for the first time. 20 minutes of torture lol. It's good though and I understand how it will definitely work!