Losing the last 10lbs... looking for others!

Options
Hey all,

I'm not new here... just been keeping a private profile for a while.

I lost 55lbs a few years ago and managed to maintain it for quite a while. Then I went back to school while working full time and the combination of stress and zero time to myself caused me to gain back 15lbs. School is all done and life has returned (relatively) to normal and I'm trying to focus on getting back to where I want to be and where I'm comfortable. I've lost 5lbs already and have about 10lbs more to go. I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated and tracking every day because I remember how damn hard these last 10lbs were to lose the first time around and I'm dreading having to do it all over again!

If you're in a similar place or just looking for extra motivation like I am hit me up :)

Kim

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the last 10 pounds. I've been fighting HARD for the last 6 months and the scale hasn't budged. Frustrating after dropping 112 to get stuck just before the finish line. You're welcome to add me if you'd like :-)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I have 4 lbs to go until my goal. I've been struggling to lose it for months but making no progress. What's worse is that I think once I actually reach my goal, I'm going to want to keep losing a bit more. Facing this is definitely not fun. I could use all the support and understanding of this difficulty I can get.

Karen
  • irishbrat77
    Options
    So glad I'm not alone here!

I remember the first time it took me the same amount of time to lose the last 10lbs as it did to lose the first 45lbs. They aren't kidding when they say the last 10lbs is the hardest :(

Karen - I often wonder that too... if it'll be enough. Not that I would go all eating disorder or anything but I'm pretty sure I could lose more than 10lbs if I seriously wanted to. The question is how hard do I want to continually work to have to maintain it? I found last time that I hit my lowest weight but I just couldn't stay there without being really strict with my diet and working out obsessively. I ended up gaining back a few pounds and found maintaining there a lot easier. So while it's always possible to go lower... sometimes it's just not the best thing to do you know? I'm definitely here for the support and understanding :)

Kim
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not alone here!

I remember the first time it took me the same amount of time to lose the last 10lbs as it did to lose the first 45lbs. They aren't kidding when they say the last 10lbs is the hardest :(

Karen - I often wonder that too... if it'll be enough. Not that I would go all eating disorder or anything but I'm pretty sure I could lose more than 10lbs if I seriously wanted to. The question is how hard do I want to continually work to have to maintain it? I found last time that I hit my lowest weight but I just couldn't stay there without being really strict with my diet and working out obsessively. I ended up gaining back a few pounds and found maintaining there a lot easier. So while it's always possible to go lower... sometimes it's just not the best thing to do you know? I'm definitely here for the support and understanding :)

Kim

That's exactly why I picked the goal weight I did - I knew it was a maintainable weight for me. I think I'd like to lose 5 more past that, but we'll see. Right now I feel as though I'll never lose these 4!
  • meowmixx25
    meowmixx25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm not new here... just been keeping a private profile for a while.

I lost 55lbs a few years ago and managed to maintain it for quite a while. Then I went back to school while working full time and the combination of stress and zero time to myself caused me to gain back 15lbs. School is all done and life has returned (relatively) to normal and I'm trying to focus on getting back to where I want to be and where I'm comfortable. I've lost 5lbs already and have about 10lbs more to go. I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated and tracking every day because I remember how damn hard these last 10lbs were to lose the first time around and I'm dreading having to do it all over again!

If you're in a similar place or just looking for extra motivation like I am hit me up :)

Kim

Congrats on the 55 lbs!! I am in a similiar situation, last 10 pounds! I will add you! =)
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'll add you. :wink:
  • jcombs67
    jcombs67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ditto all the above. I've lost a little over 20 lbs so far & I would like to loose another 8-10. It's getting harder and harder (physically and mentally). =[
  • Nina1116
    Nina1116 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in the same boat. I've managed to keep off about 55lbs for the last couple years but these last 10lbs just won't budge! I can't possibly eat any less than I'm eating now, and I work out about 4 time a week. It's just so frustrating! I've been going up and down with the same 5lbs all year! Anyone out there found anything that works to get those last 10 to go for good???