Sweating at night

Options
Im wondering if this is something I should be worried about or is it a hint that my metabolism is changing?

It didnt start until about the 3rd week of exercise and eating habit change. I wake up drenched in sweat, otherwise I feel great, better than ever.

Replies

• Misty_Rage
    Misty_Rage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe your hormones are out of whack?

I get night sweats, but I'm peri-menapausal (Im 49).
  • iwasmadeforthis
    iwasmadeforthis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have gotten them on and off for about a year now, Im 38, and my dr. said if they get to the point where you have to change your pajamas to get checked out.
  • dithoma
    dithoma Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm only 28 and I get some pretty heavy night sweats too. I have no idea why. Drink plenty of water. I'm interested in hearing any ideas about this topic too
  • dithoma
    dithoma Posts: 31
    Options
    really?? I don't wear normal PJ's but sometimes I wake up and my tanktops are just as sweaty as when I leave the gym :noway:
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    alot of protein? happens to me when I eat loads of protein.
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    loose more weight and too much water
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. But mostly if I sense something that I translate into danger. It happens when I am stressed out. Could it be stress?
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Chemicals found in everyday products such as non-stick pans, clothing, furniture, carpets and paints have been associated with the early onset of menopause, according to a new study from the West Virginia University School of Medicine.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/study-chemical-household-products-early-menopause/story?id=13212353#.T9EyBJiuWSo

I wanted to have another child, but - early menopause age 40.
    8(
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I have heard that burning fat releases estrogen which is stored in the fat. In that case, it would be a good thing. I'm no medical professional, though.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok, sorry if this is not useful but I used to have these too. I did two things, removed the mattress protector (which was not breatheable) and got warmer pjs! I know if does not make sense, but I know that the less clothes I wear at night the more I sweat.

Other than that, I think it is worth seeing your doctor and make sure that everything is in order ;-)
  • scubachick2287
    Options

Very interesting. :x

OP..Night sweats are very common. One sleep study I just read showed 46% of participants suffered from night sweats. While seemingly harmless it can be an indication of a very serious medical condition. Please do not take advice online. (Especially the
    advice above.) Go see your doc!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and have had this problem for a while. At my last annual visit I asked my doctor about it - thinking I was just "part of life" as I was getting older. I couldn't ask any of the older women in my family since everyone had had hysterectomies by the time they were in their early 30s.

My doc at first thought it could be my body trying to regulate at night from the workouts.. however I'd been running for about 5 years at that point. While I was increasing my training for my first 1/2 marathon, she didn't think the workouts were the issue because it's been happening since before I kicked up the distance.

She then said I should focus more on getting more soy into my diet, that sometimes soy can help. I've heard from others if you have thyroid issue not to suggest soy... so just throwing that out there.

It's reduced the problem for the most part. I'm not forced to change the sheets or PJs any more. Hope it helps.
  • Misty_Rage
    Misty_Rage Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Very interesting. :x

OP..Night sweats are very common. One sleep study I just read showed 46% of participants suffered from night sweats. While seemingly harmless it can be an indication of a very serious medical condition. Please do not take advice online. (Especially the
    advice above.) Go see your doc!

Thanks for this, I have an appointment in two weeks and I will mention it to him then.

And thanks for all the other input!
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doc.

I get them in the chest area when I've eaten too much of (or too often) foods my body takes longer to process like cheese, chocolate and alcohol.
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just went to Doctor and mentioned this. I thought it might be hormones he said no. He told me to get my thyroid checked out????
  • iwasmadeforthis
    iwasmadeforthis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep, I did, she said if its to the point that i have tochange my pjs, to come back in. But otherwise she did all the normal tests and all is good.